Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    Disagree that the VALUE went down. Just the price. The value is dependent on your market and its not working then sell it. Jim will be the first to tell you to make money with your cameras - we found the Scarlet
    killed our rental market so we sod one our EPIC's and just now are buying one back for some winter features wanting them. Rental business changes fast and as much as I hated selling our EPICS I know I did the right thing
    at the time. Im now able to buy them back cheaper.

sorry for your struggles Rob but I still think Epic is the BESR VALUE 5K Imaging camera for under $50K. Heck under $100K

EDIT: I for one hope Scarlet does NOT get Dragon as that camera has cannabalized Epic rentals in my market and it would be nice to have the competitive edge back.
    By value I mean price. We got our Epic-X camera in May, and then got it up and running in June. Yes we've rented it to or own productions and to others a few times, but we just now are starting to get the word out that we have an Epic for external rentals, and if the price goes down too much, we'll take a big loss. Too many Epics out there means we can't make a return on our investment. I will feel burned by Red of this happens - this is a $$ question - it's not about art. I can rent the camera from someone else and make the same art. The decision to buy is a purely financial one.

Senior Member Robert L. Mickles's Avatar
    This is great news! After having our Scarlet since March, we've been trying to get some money together to buy an Epic soon. Lowering the price is definitely going to help us out!
    Robert L. Mickles
    Cinematographer, Director, Editor | 360 Digital Studios, LLC | http://www.360DigitalStudios.com
    DSMC2 Helium 8K #3949 "Raines", Former owner of Scarlet-X #2133 "Cupid".
    'OFF-TIME' Feature Film Coming Soon! http://www.Facebook.com/OFFTIMEMovie
    http://Twitter.com/OFFTIMEmovie

Robert - I like your work dude.and cocobermudez too
    Last edited by Dan Kanes; 10-27-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Thank you Dan! A lot of it we can't show, because it's unreleased.

I'm excited.

wait and see whats happening...Epic wont fall off to the half of the price which is now. Maybe 6K less to generate the gap for Dragon to attack:))) i think RED will do it like i said. Make sense so price stay the same and you will buy a better camera for same price. Like Apple does...

WEAPON Helium (for sale)

This is one of the many reasons I love RED. Thanks guys. Still saving up for my first RED camera, so this definitely makes my day to hear such great news. Thanks for putting the customer first. It really does mean the world to me.

What red did with keeping the price of r1, had some longterm implications for the platform. Red continuing that practice is not one of them. Creating an extreme loyality amongst some of its early customerbase, like myself, is...

I must say I welcome this move.

Red has an odd position. It is in many ways a volume product offering the dream and possibility of PJ results, if you have the means to work that way with it. Means being finances and talent.

Thus. It is scaleable.
    And that is what i love about it.

But to keep the prices where they do, while building factories and working on how to make the accesories atractive and right priced for different segments and with a userbase of pj and me...

Volume is the name of the game.

So far the epic price has only gone up...

Taking it down sounds like the only right choice.

The thing i am really curious about is the stage 2r1s...

And...
    Where Sanjin went...
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayFrisby View Post
    Jim/ Jarred any chance you could also give the Dragon upgrade price for the Scarlet on the 31st / 1st Nov and the Specs too ?
    It would make it easier for people to decide and start planning for their purchase.
    Thanks
    We don't know if Scarlet can handle the dragon till the new ASICs come out of the oven... which is still months away.

what about if new Scarlet prices would become same with Battle Tested ones? Do we get extra warranty?