Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    A lot of users here are quite aggressive in their notion that we all should be happy about lower prices. But for good reasons a lot of us are worried, and I must say I regret having bought the Epic, as the project it was planned for has been delayed. It's not always you plan for investing in an expensive paper-weight... And it's not often I do that, i.e. the Scarlet payed for itself within 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ruffo View Post
    You don't expect to amortize your macbook by renting it out by the day, and it costs far less than an Epic kit.
    It's a tool. Just like your Epic. The rest is just zeros.
    Last edited by Terry VerHaar; 10-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon MIchael Puntervold View Post
    A lot of users here are quite aggressive in their notion that we all should be happy about lower prices. But for good reasons a lot of us are worried, and I must say I regret having bought the Epic, as the project it was planned for has been delayed. It's not always you plan for investing in an expensive paper-weight... And it's not often I do that, i.e. the Scarlet payed for itself within 4 weeks.
    It's ok, and perfectly natural, to be upset and/or disappointed. Just don't throw it back at RED and suggest they are "screwing" their customers. We all live with decisions we made in the past in an uncertain world. The best thing RED can do for its customers is stay competitive and stay in business. If they become "over-priced" in a highly competitive market, we all lose.

Senior Member Shervin Mandgaryan's Avatar
    For those who want to continue complaining about the price drop, I'll refer you to the title of this thread.

EVERYTHING CHANGES.

RED as a company is notorious for this, and this is why we continue to have the toys we have. If everyone wanted to buy into a camera system that is dishonest and is not transparent about costs... ARRI, Sony & Canon are waiting for you. Until then, god bless RED.
    ----------------------
    Shervin Mandgaryan

Cinematographer
    www.shervincine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    if you really must have stability in your life.. your only stable bet is probably investing in C-Stands and Sandbags.
    I hope you guys don't start make lighting anytime soon. :-) Seeing that these cameras are basically computers... I've made the wise decision to invest in grip and lighting.
    Andrae Palmer
    Founder, FACETMEDIA LLC
    facebook.com/facetmedia

Package for rent in South Florida with RED EPIC Dragon, RED One, Sony a7S II, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon L lenses, Zeiss CP.2 T1.5 Super Speeds, EZ Rig + DJI Ronin & EZ Jib + Remote Head. Grip package with LED LitePanels 1X1, Kino Flo 4x4, ARRI Fresnels & Source Four Leko. Rentals/Equipment List: http://facetmedia.com/camera-packages/

One way or another we will make sure Scarlet customers have a pathway to the Dragon.

Now this is exciting!!

One way or another we will make sure Scarlet customers have a pathway to the Dragon.

It is a complicated problem, but a good problem to have.
    And this is why I never worry about the future...RED always takes care of their customers.

I'll I have to worry about is to keep on shooting...when the path to Dragon is ready for my SCARLET, then ill consider the alternatives...

MOVIE GROOVY
    Coco | Creative Director
    6822 22nd Avenue North #101
    St. Petersburg, Florida 33710
    727.492.3338 | moviegroovy.com
    RED ONE® MX #6596
    SCARLET-X® #2972 "Kodachrome"
    EPIC-X #05102

For all the Cry Babies out there ... If the price reduction is that big a deal for you then you either couldn't really afford one in the first place or you are not working enough to justify owning one. Every other company on the planet reduce prices without warning.
    Epic Dragon 4470,
    Sony Fs7
    Sony a7rII
    Contax Zeiss Primes
    DanaDolly
    tedparkes@rogers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jon MIchael Puntervold View Post
    Similar situation. Got mine late Feb and it's seen some use, but not as much as was planned for, as the major production it was purchased for has slipped into next year.

But, as Jim says, everything changes... life is full of ups and downs.

Let's hope for some nice reductions on modules, as RED continue to improve production :)

Edit - and I'm sure there are more surprises to come from Jim & the Guys... it's always the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry VerHaar View Post
    It's a tool. Just like your Epic. The rest is just zeros.
    Well no. Many can afford to get $0 ROI on MacBook. It's low enough to have a wide personal-use only market. You can contineu to use it long after it is out fo date - no client si going to care how recent your laptop is, unless it si too slow for DIT tasks or something. Not a 30K + camera. Few people would buy this just for personal fun. I know I could not.