Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Everything changes... IMPORTANT post.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Medavoym View Post
    I hope RED will not announce on November 1st a higher price than they originally intended, because of the whining.
    Indeed. That's the agenda of who only has to lose with a price reduction. Here is a very interesting post on topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Liana View Post
    Hear, hear.

All this moaning about price reduction is flabbergasting.

You give a starving beggar some food, and he throws it back at you and complains you did not put enough salt to his taste. I am certain that if tomorrow Red announced they have found a cure for cancer, a certain 'class' of individual here would whine how Red developed the cure just to destroy the livelihood of all the existing cancer treatment providers.

The amazing thing is, the people most passionately campaigning against any price reduction are the ones who would not even be in their precious rental business if it was not for Red and its products in the first place! Red made them.

Their attitude is doubly appalling: "I got mine, but now close the doors. I don't want anyone else to compete and prosper."

This is the same close-minded attitude that caught Sony, Alexa et al napping and made Red-volution possible. And some people want Red to emulate this behavior?

Unreal.
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

+1 for the upgrade path to Epic:)
    www.SeanDBrown.com
    Oregon Based Director/Cinematographer
    Owner/Opp
    Epic X-Kino Flow-Lots more

Senior Member Michael Patterson's Avatar
    Whatever is going on, as long as I can put some money down before the end of the year for tax reasons, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    One way or another we will make sure Scarlet customers have a pathway to the Dragon.

It is a complicated problem, but a good problem to have.
    Not to be too much of a nag. Haha, when has that not been the case. ;) But I would add: *affordable* pathway to the Dragon.

I'm sure with unlimited money it wouldn't be a complicated problem at all but as is it's got to cost less than a new camera. :D

A lot of users here are quite aggressive in their notion that we all should be happy about lower prices. But for good reasons a lot of us are worried, and I must say I regret having bought the Epic, as the project it was planned for has been delayed. It's not always you plan for investing in an expensive paper-weight... And it's not often I do that, i.e. the Scarlet payed for itself within 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ruffo View Post
    You don't expect to amortize your macbook by renting it out by the day, and it costs far less than an Epic kit.
    It's a tool. Just like your Epic. The rest is just zeros.
    Last edited by Terry VerHaar; 10-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon MIchael Puntervold View Post
    A lot of users here are quite aggressive in their notion that we all should be happy about lower prices. But for good reasons a lot of us are worried, and I must say I regret having bought the Epic, as the project it was planned for has been delayed. It's not always you plan for investing in an expensive paper-weight... And it's not often I do that, i.e. the Scarlet payed for itself within 4 weeks.
    It's ok, and perfectly natural, to be upset and/or disappointed. Just don't throw it back at RED and suggest they are "screwing" their customers. We all live with decisions we made in the past in an uncertain world. The best thing RED can do for its customers is stay competitive and stay in business. If they become "over-priced" in a highly competitive market, we all lose.

Senior Member Shervin Mandgaryan's Avatar
    For those who want to continue complaining about the price drop, I'll refer you to the title of this thread.

EVERYTHING CHANGES.

RED as a company is notorious for this, and this is why we continue to have the toys we have. If everyone wanted to buy into a camera system that is dishonest and is not transparent about costs... ARRI, Sony & Canon are waiting for you. Until then, god bless RED.
    ----------------------
    Shervin Mandgaryan

Cinematographer
    www.shervincine.com

if you really must have stability in your life.. your only stable bet is probably investing in C-Stands and Sandbags.
    I hope you guys don't start make lighting anytime soon. :-) Seeing that these cameras are basically computers... I've made the wise decision to invest in grip and lighting.
    Andrae Palmer
    Founder, FACETMEDIA LLC
    facebook.com/facetmedia

Package for rent in South Florida with EPIC-X Camera #721 & RED One #6353, RPP, RED Rocket, RED 18-50 & Oconnor 2575C. Davinci Resolve, FSI LM-2461W & Mac Pro 12 core. Rentals/Equipment List: http://facetmedia.com/camera-packages/

One way or another we will make sure Scarlet customers have a pathway to the Dragon.

Now this is exciting!!