Thread: How do "resize" REDCINE-X Pro (15, and 16) project panels / "reset workspace"?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How do "resize" REDCINE-X Pro (15, and 16) project panels / "reset workspace"? 
    Dear all,

I have a strange issue, I was using REDCINE-X Pro 15 with a red rocket card installed. Monitor is a dell 22in with 1680x1050 resolution. Things have been working well, but upon anOS crash and restart, the right panels of REDCINE-X now extends beyond the desktop / monitor and are cut off.

This is a bit difficult to explain, but please see screen cap below:

I have upgraded to REDCINE-X PRO 16 now in hope that this will be resolved on its own, but no such luck.

Funny thing is if I opt to do FULL SCREEN VIDEO, everything fits nicely. Screen cap again below:

I'm wondering if there's a way to "reset" the workspace, or "resize" the project window / far right panels such that I can gain access to the far right settings again?

Thanks!
    Michael
    ---
    [www.cmkmedia.ca]
    [www.mksiu.com]

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I had to do a hard restart today (OS crashed but with something unrelated to REDCine-X), and strangely, upon the restart, the problem magically fixed itself. I'm now able to see the far right controls on the right panels.

Not sure if this is perhaps just a bug with my resolution settings within the OS itself.

Either way, I'm glad this is resolved, but I do wish to know why it happened and how to fix it for future reference! Any advice / comments are welcome.

Michael
    ---
    [www.cmkmedia.ca]
    [www.mksiu.com]

Same problem here, and I don't find the solution. So I can't work on my macbook pro and I need to.

What if you toggle the system display resolution, quit RedCineX Pro, then start it up again? I suspect this has to do with the way the program is communicating with the operating system.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

I thought about that and tried and tried in every way with the resolution : still the same, or worst.

I had a similar issue. Solved with right clicking on the mouse over the right panel and there's some sort of arrange function. Haven't got redcine x opened but I think after doing the right click its easy to figure out.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

If I use the right click I can see the control menu to customize the presentation etc, nothing to resize.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION !!!!

You have simply to modify the Preferences.ini in the preference file in the library application support ! (with TextEdit)

you have to modify to set the main position point call "main_pos=" to 0 0 exactly like that :

main_pos=@Point(0 0)

Now you can see the border of the window, and modify the size or go full screen easy as any other apps !

He he !
    Last edited by Valentin Paris; 08-18-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Im having a problem that Redcine on my Mac (latest OS) is a little bit bigger than the screen. I cannot reach the buttons that are to the most right. Does anyone know how to fix this.
    I cannot find the preferences.ini file

/Andreas
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    2 x RED DSCM2 8K Helium, Phantom 4K VEO990, Movi Pro Gimbal, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm

Having the same problem (MBP 11.5 with Catalina). Cannot find the preferences.ini file as well
    Anyone solved this recently?