Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Size matters...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    When comparing how they look, it's easy to forget that this a 4k camera we're taking about. 4k! :)

Banned
    Can't wait to see a fully kitted "Spike". I'm pretty sure she would break some broke hearts.

Shame... "wish I could have her in my arms" soughta thingy!!

I had seen the mockups at Cinegear but it's great to see RED next to other cameras for a true perspective.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    yeah gives you a good reference.. about the recorder built in.. remember, Spike has a RedFlash onboard recording.. so it as well has a recorder built in.

Looks to be about right. Same footprint as an HVX, but the form factor will be a bit different and more substantial once it's dolled up a bit. I like it a lot.

It reminds me of the simplicity of some of the old 16mm cameras. Not too fussy. Slap on a lens, grab a light meter and shoot away.

Thanks a million.
    I know how to do it. You just wouldn't know it from the way I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    yeah gives you a good reference.. about the recorder built in.. remember, Spike has a RedFlash onboard recording.. so it as well has a recorder built in.
    So I guess that' confirmed then -;) (re some other thread)

Love it!

Will hardly be smaller than the HVX, though, with viewfinder + battery, but still is a sweet, sweet thing.

Gunleik
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

Great photo. It's very compact but not as small as I thought it would be if you consider that the Red's body (sans lens, viewfinder, LCD, recorder, etc) is almost the size of the entire HVX200. Incredible for the feature set and of course, the shape lends itself to modularity.

Can we see another comparison photo like this of the Red fully configured with rails, etc?

Excellent work, so looking forward to this year...

adaml is right. the actual difference in size isn't as significant without realizing what the RED can do that the other two can't. i wasn't sure about the matte gray look, but it's growing on me.

I'm sure it will bulk up a little when you add an LCD/EVF, battery, disk drive, grips, etc. But still, this is quite small for what you're getting.

Now, let's compare the picture size and quality! :)

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    You've also got to remember the amount of horse-power needed to process 4k, which is significantly greater than the processing for HD. There's literally a super-computer in there. I think it's amazing that RED is as small as it is. There's a lot of really good stuff going on inside!

Graeme
    www.red.com - 8k Digital Cinema Camera
    Science enables stories. Stories drive science
    IPP2, Image Processing, Colour Science and Demosaic Algorithms