Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 4K for 4K...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I Need assistance With My Order.. I am Using Two Credit Cards, and cant do that on the Website. I Did put down One and it put the Order through but I am going to check in Monday Morning to Make sure its Complete.. I almost gave up any Attempt at Shooting my Next Feature on my current budget because of the Cost OF 4k, Now The World will be able to See what Im about to Create. Thanks Soooooo Much for doing this, I am a very Happy Person because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    I might just retire at any moment... :-)

I would hope that the RED ONE signifies that we shot high. In a world of 6 months and out... the RED ONE can still shoot images that can be shown on the big screen with no excuse.

Jim
    I usually don't get too emotionally attached to gear, but this one is an exception because not only has it done a lot for me professionally but it has captured some great images of my kids as well, and you can't put a price tag on that.

Also, those early days were a bit special too because you did aim for the fences and there was no guarantee you'd hit a home run. The fact that the cameras are still rolling to this day and still making a lot of people money is pretty cool. You know firsthand it's hard to keep everybody happy. The past couple of days is a perfect example. You made a lot of people really happy and made some less happy, but you can't be accused of standing still. You're going with your gut. I respect that.

As for retiring...something tells me it will be more like a pseudo vacation. You're one of us. You like making images, you like the idea of pushing things to the edge. I think you'll keep pushing. But even if you retired today, you've impacted a lot of people and helped launch a lot of careers. So you can go out smiling that's for sure.
    Steve Sherrick

Possibly... but I'm not quite sure why you would want one.

And that was only one question. :-)

Jim
    Gunleik loves the original sensor. :-)
    Steve Sherrick

Thanks.

Just a matter of personal preference.

Love the Epic.
    Love the R1m

It's like filmstocks, right?
    Not all DR...

I figured out therest...

The 4k for 4k is really the smartest launch sisnce 4k for 17.5k

I think few who haven't used the R1 on large scale projects, really can comprehend what a wonderfull offer this is, and I am so glad that these wonderfull cameras will get a new life and not just beeing pulled off the market.

The R1 is rock solid, and easilly is comparable to an ALEXA in imagequality, weight, batteryconsumption, and with a much simpler and cheaper workflow than Alexa RAW.

If people just got their faces out of the brand-war asses, and started to see what they actually cnan deliver withthis beast, I think volumes could be high enoughtoreboot the R1 productionline.

This spring I was involved in a production that chose to shoot 2k for aesthethic reasons.
    They so lowed the look of 2k in tungsten. Like a 16mm thing.

I was sceptical at first, butthe result was amazing. (R1 M, BTW)

Fantastic DP, though.

The versatility and choises of looks on this thing is amazing.
    If you learn to use it.
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I will actually retire soon. Jarred has made that possible.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    I usually don't get too emotionally attached to gear, but this one is an exception because not only has it done a lot for me professionally but it has captured some great images of my kids as well, and you can't put a price tag on that.

Also, those early days were a bit special too because you did aim for the fences and there was no guarantee you'd hit a home run. The fact that the cameras are still rolling to this day and still making a lot of people money is pretty cool. You know firsthand it's hard to keep everybody happy. The past couple of days is a perfect example. You made a lot of people really happy and made some less happy, but you can't be accused of standing still. You're going with your gut. I respect that.

As for retiring...something tells me it will be more like a pseudo vacation. You're one of us. You like making images, you like the idea of pushing things to the edge. I think you'll keep pushing. But even if you retired today, you've impacted a lot of people and helped launch a lot of careers. So you can go out smiling that's for sure.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Thanks for your thoughts. I will actually retire soon. Jarred has made that possible.
    You deserve a little time off :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

jim

If you retire, and decide to kinda go for a new startup after a while... i am in!
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    As soon as Dragon and our "new technology" has been released, I won't be just taking a little time off. I will have done my job.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    You deserve a little time off :)
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Onward and upward

Based on what I know Dragon represents the first true advancement in digital cinema cameras that matches and succeeds motion picture film. I'd say that's a job well done.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon