Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 4K for 4K...

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Right now, I have a 45 second commercial I shot in Tanzania, Africa being played worldwide on CNN, BBC, and an Arabic version on the Al Jazeera Network. I have a separate project with a 30 second commercial being played on all Emirates Airlines flights before someone watches a movie. This 2nd project is being distributed in Theaters/TV, and soon a 10 minute film for the internet.

Absolutely blessed to have had RED open some opportunities for the likes of us...

I just dont get it.

$4k for a 4.5K camera with 120fps@2k, most of the modules already built in.. 3k 60fps.. vs my comparatively under-performing $9k scarlet brain plus necessary accessories. dragon needs to be a reason for the extra investment.

Also an internal 2k pro res equivalent. i want to use my scarlet more, its great for my big 4k raw shoots, short films and music videos, but id love to be able to turn to it on my corporate jobs, and doco stuff and web content that currently the old 5D and hvx still take care of.

I find it really paradoxical having to buy an additional $11k module for a feature to shoot such simple content, thats far within the cameras capabilities.. when you could now buy an additional 2X 4.5K 120fps raw cameras for the same price of that simple compressed luxury.

sorry for echoing what has been said a thousand times, but im feeling a touch crestfallen of late and just wanted to say something.

Sometimes I'm not sure when people are kidding or are serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hutson View Post
    Sometimes I'm not sure when people are kidding or are serious...
    Some just like the space between....

5. #105 Thanks 
    For dreaming it. Thanks for making it. Thanks for signing it. Job done. I know you own an island but when you want to hang out of helicopters on the GC and shoot beautiful women...yell. Thanks Jim.
    Brett Clements
    CEO - PlatinumHD Gold Coast
    www.platinumhd.tv

Not sure whether I should post it here or somewhere else but really need a quick answer and the www.red.com website seems to be no response at this stage (maybe due to the sale). So here it goes:

The questions are:

1. I am really have the cash to drop for RED One M-X an its accessories. But I am in Malaysia and never heard of RED accepting any purchase straight on the web from Malaysia before. So, is it possible to purchase through the website?

2. What about services? Do I need to service the R1 M-X every year and how do I do about it?

3. Warranty on the Battle-Tested R1 that you are selling now, how long is it?

That is all for now and just so let you know I am running a Video Equipment shop where we are an official dealers to some products and also provide rental. With this new pricing for the going to be extinct R1, I would like to introduce R1 at a very affordable price for rental in Malaysia. Soon Malaysian will also benefits from the greatness of RED products and more to come I believe.

Thank you.

P.s. Your prompt reply is highly appreciated as the R1 stock is diminishing I believe as we speak.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I know I posted in the Attitude Adjustment thread, but since people keep asking "How many RED ONEs are there as battle-tested?", I figured would post here as well. We are already sold out of RED ONE [BT] with the CF module. We still have a limited number of RED ONE [BT] with the SSD module. While we never give out numbers, safe to say if you are interested in one, you should make your decision in the coming days, not the coming weeks. There is a finite number - and when they are gone, they are gone.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    I know I posted in the Attitude Adjustment thread, but since people keep asking "How many RED ONEs are there as battle-tested?", I figured would post here as well. We are already sold out of RED ONE [BT] with the CF module. We still have a limited number of RED ONE [BT] with the SSD module. While we never give out numbers, safe to say if you are interested in one, you should make your decision in the coming days, not the coming weeks. There is a finite number - and when they are gone, they are gone.

BC
    Wish I could, I really wanted an original REDONE, I loved those beauties ut only ever got to rent.

Love u Brent, appreciate all the hours you give us and thanks to your wife as well for being such a good woman, otherwise your job would be so much harder.

- As always my best!

- E

Paul Ellington
    director/dp & writer

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ellington View Post
    Love u Brent, appreciate all the hours you give us and thanks to your wife as well for being such a good woman, otherwise your job would be so much harder.

- As always my best!

- E
    You kick ass, buddy. You are right, I am a lucky guy to be married to the first, true, and only REDhead.

I wish for 3K for $3K ... the R1 deal is damn tempting but... looks like I'll have to settle for a Canon 6D and some fast glass. Just can't swing $4K + thousands for primo red glass, not in this economy. Been watching Red mature for years, maybe some day I can own one. Damn good deal though - just amazing proposition for those in the right position.