Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 4K Delivery... get ready.

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Very exciting. Streaming 4K content over the interweb.

Solar System Studio / Havana, Cuba

Redray with 4K-Netflix ...?

Jarred, if it is possible, can you confirm that you donīt need to use thunderbolt to enjoy all the features. Is it a pure playback/media device or could you hook it up to a computer to expand the use of it further? Ordering a new workstaion next week and it would be sad if I would miss some killer features if I choosed the wrong platform (pc/mac).
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Falkentorp View Post
    Redray with 4K-Netflix ...?
    REDBox would make sense. :D
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

I don't post much here, but I spend a lot of time reading. This is really, really exciting news!

Does this also mean that the RED projector will be coming out at the same time? Is the concept the same (i.e. that the projector will "include" the REDray)?

Thanks again, RED!!!

All I have to say to New REDUSERs ...Your so lucky!!!

Back to the topic... Am I supose to say yes or no...... Can we just kick this for fun please(lol)

[/QUOTE]
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Where is Keith now? :)

The next 007 Bond will be shot on the Red Dragon, captured in 6K, finished & projected at RedRay/Projector 4K. The working title is "2K Is Not Enough". :)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Jarred, if it is possible, can you confirm that you donīt need to use thunderbolt to enjoy all the features. Is it a pure playback/media device or could you hook it up to a computer to expand the use of it further? Ordering a new workstaion next week and it would be sad if I would miss some killer features if I choosed the wrong platform (pc/mac).
    I don't think what you're suggesting is currently possible. Thunderbolt doesn't work that way. The Redray player is a content server. Thunderbolt is for connecting computers to peripherals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I know we have been harping about 4K distribution forever... but it is about to get very real.

Now is a good time to figure out ( if you haven't already ) how to prepare, conform and finish everything important that you have shot in 4K. There are going to be alot of people very happy that they chose a camera that was ready for this whole new world of distribution.

The Consumer Electronics Association has finally laid down the UHD 4K rules for Displays... and they don't take kindly to anything below 3840 x 2160.. In fact.. they don't allow it.

4K Displays are here. and their prices are dropping every month. Soon they will be in reach of the masses.

And then there is REDRAY... the crown jewel of 4K content delivery.

Next month we start shipping 4k REDRAY players to alot of new eyeballs.. consumers and professionals alike.. and they are going to want the same thing... 4K content.

For REDRAY we have partnered with one of the most innovative content distribution companies that both content owners and viewers have ever seen...and we built it right into REDray.

Expect the official REDRAY and 4k Content Distribution network announcement along with pre-orders to happen in a couple weeks.. but I thought it was important to give you all a heads up so you can prepare.

Our Production Lines are churning.. manufacturing is ramping up.

We are ready.... are you?

wow nice work Guysssssssss ...
    Jarred, it would be nice REDRAY had hdmi 1.4 4k to a single output... ;)
    http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/4K.aspx
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    WEAPON CF #831 "AUDREY"
    SCARLET-W #45 "HEIDI " , EPIC #668 .
    ARRI ALEXA EV

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch