Thread: Every Life Has A Story

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Every Life Has A Story 
    Just stumbled across a corporate piece we did a few years ago for Chick fil A and their employees. It's a simple idea of how we never know what all is going on in the lives of those around us.

Was my first time getting to work with steadicam DP Dan Stillings along with Ben Smallbone of Radiate Films who directed and produced it. I supplied the camera equipment, my R1 and was DIT on the project. Shot in one single, long moving take.

I like the way Ben put everything together and Dan's work was exemplary. I just felt sorry for his poor back after we had so many takes to get a decent one.

Good job guys!

https://vimeo.com/13509635

Great video Mark! Thanks for sharing that.
    Steve Sherrick

This is something I often think about in public. There are so many stories in this whirlwind, so much happens.

I thought you did a nice job, you got the heart of the story, I felt it.
    Will Keir
    Creative Director ~ Jumping Rock Pictures
    Epic X & Dragon #2482 / R1 #3033
    Zeiss MKII Super Speeds Lenses

"Why I choose film?
    The friendships, the adventure, the art."

Impressive!

Great work, thanks so much

What a coincidence! One of my clients showed me this a couple of months ago because his bosses had seen it and really liked it. The video we ended up making was pretty different, with a jib arm and some dissolves, but it has some of the same feel.
    Mike Yonts
    www.mikeyontsfilms.tv

Epic-X 1885

Quote Originally Posted by Will Keir View Post
    This is something I often think about in public. There are so many stories in this whirlwind, so much happens.

I thought you did a nice job, you got the heart of the story, I felt it.
    It is a very nice piece with a great message. To be clear, I was low man on the totem pole on this project. The concept and execution came from Chick fil A and Ben. They're the brains behind the project and I think they did an excellent job with it.

Ok.....So, all the people who choose to eat at Chick fil A have horrendous back-stories?

Perhaps if they ate a more healthy diet they could turn their lot in life around or avoid their living nightmares completely.

Seriously,IMPO the only thing that was missing from this video was a postscript for the girl who " worked hard through high school and accepted to the college of her dreams" that said " 5 minutes from now, she will be run-over by a truck."

Eat healthy, live longer. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDON JAMESON View Post
    Ok.....So, all the people who choose to eat at Chick fil A have horrendous back-stories?

Perhaps if they ate a more healthy diet they could turn their lot in life around or avoid their living nightmares completely.

Seriously,IMPO the only thing that was missing from this video was a postscript for the girl who " worked hard through high school and accepted to the college of her dreams" that said " 5 minutes from now, she will be run-over by a truck."

Eat healthy, live longer. :)
    Don't be cynical, live longer. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDON JAMESON View Post
    Ah, Tim..I'm sure there's a sack full of those hormone enhanced, fried, unhealthy little suckers with your name on it.

Enjoy!
    Never eaten there. I just thought it was a nice piece of work and no reason to throw cold water on it.