Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Dragon vs. 65mm film...

Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    And so it begins...!

Looking forward to those tests Mark.
    Andy Roberts
    Nikon and Leica-R lenses (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Toia View Post
    Jim.... when you wrote this, I doubted you, after the first 15minutes of testing the Dragon today.. FUCK ME ! Your dead right !
    Like many others here I signed up for the upgrade on blind faith that the Dragon would be worth the price. I never dreamed RED would pretty much double what they promised from the Dragon sensor. Now, from a trusted source comes validation the sensor will emulate 65mm film.

Suddenly, I feel damned important.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

So colour wise on skintones how is Dragon looking now. (A positive question !)

And no Im not complaing at all by what we have on Epic, Im perfectly fine with it and why we were very pleased to have the opportunity invest in Red cameras at the outset.

Jim.... when you wrote this, I doubted you, after the first 15minutes of testing the Dragon today.. FUCK ME ! Your dead right !
    :)

While I never had any doubts Dragon would be anything other than what was claimed, it is still really nice to witness your exuberance. Glad you're having fun, Mark. We're living vicariously through your posts at this point. Keep 'em coming.

E
    Many filmmakers had an idea of what they wanted their dream digital motion picture camera to be. But only one of us had the talent, insight, capital and most importantly -- the guts to make it a reality. The EPIC needed a perfect balance of desire, aptitude, resolve, teamwork and finance to arrive; it is a dream manifest.

Complaining about the EPIC is like kvetching about a space elevator, when everyone else is flying kites at Kitty Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    Suddenly, I feel damned important.
    EPIC helps, but you already had that covered, sir.
    Many filmmakers had an idea of what they wanted their dream digital motion picture camera to be. But only one of us had the talent, insight, capital and most importantly -- the guts to make it a reality. The EPIC needed a perfect balance of desire, aptitude, resolve, teamwork and finance to arrive; it is a dream manifest.

Complaining about the EPIC is like kvetching about a space elevator, when everyone else is flying kites at Kitty Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryc Tramonn View Post
    EPIC helps, but you already had that covered, sir.
    Heh, heh... that could be taken different ways, i.e. that I suffer from an over-abundance of self-importance. '-)

(Pay no attention Eryc... just self-deprecating. Thanks for the compliment. '-)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

AHHH! As if I couldn't be more excited already! Now where am I going to find a wall sized 4k TV to take advantage of this glorious resolution??

HAhaha... Love it. Can't wait to see some unsupervised Toia uploads up in hea'.
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin O'Neill View Post
    AHHH! As if I couldn't be more excited already! Now where am I going to find a wall sized 4k TV to take advantage of this glorious resolution??
    Forget that. On any display medium smoothness will still be apparent and differentiated, as will the resulting better saturation, especially in darks where noise, even if shrunk down to lower res outputs, will harm color, and the absence of noise will help color sing and be true.

Regards,
    Martin Stevens

President and Founder of Glidecam Industries, Inc.
    Producer and Director at Metaphoric Pictures Corporation.