Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: OK... the bad news.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Here we go again!

forget the free speech stuff for a minute.

We all expressed our opinions a little on the hot side.
    Got it off our chests and hopefully the people who it was directed to, read it!

Hey omen, I'm dying for you to sign off one day.....Amen, omen!

Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard View Post
    Apologies to all that I rubbed the wrong way.
    All is cool. Back to the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by omen View Post
    Post represents someone's individual thoughts. Changing someone else's posts creates a false appearance of a person signed in the left corner.

Although it is clear why there was a need to interfere and who caused this need, I don't support this way of action.
    If I ever step out of line I would like to be warned first. After saying an honest opinion and sharing my positive thoughts I don't like seeing someone, anyone editing that.

No one has the right to change what me or anyone else wrote here. If it turns out to be unsuitable - basic deletion is simple and effective.
    Yeah - this time it was funny,

but

-playing "Deus ex machina" will

1. provide material to the ones who want to grab a hold on anything to crap on RED and Reduser.com

2. lead to loosing the respect of the people who perceived Reduser as a quality worldwide community
    this time i agree with you.. though i disagree on your "basic deletion" quote unless when it is strictly necessary.. brook is a cool guy like jarred, jim and many others..

i'm a red supporter.. as i already said but maybe it was deleted (i just don't remember) and we've been since the beginning.. (the filmmaker's gang is a gang indeed.. :)) that's why these concerns over our interest.. the customer's interest.. it is very important..

the red company and their employees have their own.. we have ours.. and sometimes it seems a few of (most enthusiastic) customers are forgetting this rule.. it was not me who invented it..

edit
    i'm not american but i love america because america was made from this rule.. and i'm not talking about strictly on free speech but there's a relevant one which rules our lifes: law of supply and demand..

be careful: don't break it!
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

Free speech--A valuable right that we Americans cherish. But it is only free from abridgment by the government. Had the government come in and edited, I'd be hoppin mad. This is Jarred's forum, though, and it is technically not free--we are here at his suffrance! :shifty:

yeah.. i believe that one is the off topic discussion.. the law of supply and demand is what matters now and here..
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

Having been a longtime moderator for various RED forums, I don't think I'd have made the same editing choice as Brook did, but let me say this: he's a very cool guy, a good moderator, has a lot of knowledge in this industry, and donates a lot of time to this forum.

Keeping the above in mind, I want to dispel any notion that I broke any forum rule in my postings - that's not the case. The words that were placed under my name by Brook were not my words - that is the case. After my post was edited, I simply asked for it to be fully deleted.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm all about humor, teasing, and joking! Brook's actions were intended as humor, and I, of all people, can appreciate that.

End of story - no harm, no worries, time to move on...
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Co-Producer, IMAX film CUBA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijvjeZ89qY
    Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/