So I finally have real RED camera generated footage rather than the usual downloads that many of us have been playing with. I've noticed a few things (please expand if you know any why and of this happens):
• The cam is generating 4 files, _F, _H, _M, _P. You don't get the _F file through RedAlert. This seems to be a full rez file. Not sure why RedAlert doesn't generate it too.
• RedAlert generated proxies all get a _NA file tag before the _P or whatever the size is.
• All the .R3D files have a _001 suffix regardless of whether it has reached the 2 gig file limit and made a _002 files as well or not. This isn't reflected in any of the proxies (cam generated or RedAlert gen).
• The camera generated proxies ALWAYS have to reconnet themselves to the .R3D files upon use, either Quicktime Player or FCP. A very long and agonizing process. the RedAlert proxies don't.
• With these naming conventions seeing odd I can't get RedTrip (are you out there Ian?) to work with ANY of the new footage. Always get a "failed to load construct" error. That torpedoes my favorite workflow!
My guess is this is things that a lot or people are coming across? Though I didn't see other threads as such ..... :unsure: