Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 473 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4721
    About to buy this set. Is this a decent price for them or should I keep looking?

Contax/Zeiss Super Speed Set - 28,35,50,85mm
    $3,400

selling my beloved Contax/Zeiss set. Every lens is as close to mint condition as I could source.
    Each lens has been follow focus geared by Duclos Lenses, as well as set with a Leitax Canon EF Mount.
    I went with AEG models, as opposed to MMJ, because of the lens coatings. They are arguably similar to Zeiss Super Speeds in flare and contrast performance.

Contax Zeiss Set:
    28mm f/2 “Hollywood” Distagon
    35mm f/1.4 AEG Distagon
    50mm f/1.4 AEG Planar
    85mm f/1.4 AEG Planar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Kerpsack View Post
    About to buy this set. Is this a decent price for them or should I keep looking?

Contax/Zeiss Super Speed Set - 28,35,50,85mm
    $3,400

selling my beloved Contax/Zeiss set. Every lens is as close to mint condition as I could source.
    Each lens has been follow focus geared by Duclos Lenses, as well as set with a Leitax Canon EF Mount.
    I went with AEG models, as opposed to MMJ, because of the lens coatings. They are arguably similar to Zeiss Super Speeds in flare and contrast performance.

Contax Zeiss Set:
    28mm f/2 “Hollywood” Distagon
    35mm f/1.4 AEG Distagon
    50mm f/1.4 AEG Planar
    85mm f/1.4 AEG Planar

It is a reasonable asking price. I personally prefer the later MM's because they do not have the "ninja star" of the AE's. I must not be alone in that because the MM's generally go for more than their AE counter parts. In order to remember whether it is the AE's or the MM's that are the later lenses, I came up with "more modern" for MM's and that helped me to recall which of the two is the later or the more modern lens. Have realistic expectations for these lenses. They are, after all, lenses designed for still photography. Even with a lens gear attached and follow-focus the focus throw is short. And, while less of an issue than the short focus travel, the iris throw is also short. Some follow focus will have difficulty with these lenses because they are so short in length. The iris can be difficult to access when a FF is mounted.

3. #4403 DUCKWRTH - MICHUUL shot on Zeiss Contax 
    Music Video++ Shot last year on 100% Zeiss Contax++ Using the heck out of that 100-300mm

https://youtu.be/ABYnHjc08wI

4. #4404 DUCKWRTH - TAMAGOTCHI shot on Zeiss Contax 
    Music Video++ Shot last year on 99% Zeiss Contax++ (except for the Arial) (#2)

https://youtu.be/XSRqRNbN0sY

Quote Originally Posted by J Obertone View Post
    Music Video++ Shot last year on 100% Zeiss Contax++ Using the heck out of that 100-300mm

https://youtu.be/ABYnHjc08wI
    Music Video++ Shot last year on 100% Zeiss Contax++ (#2)

Wow, these are amazing. Love the crash zooms.

On Tagamatchi, what zoom were using for the car scenes? 28-85 or 35-70?

Amazing work - visually, and conceptually, these are so great.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Music Video++ Shot last year on 100% Zeiss Contax++ (#2)

Holy cow that was brilliantly shot. The shots were tight and lyrical and had awesome motion, which matched the subject perfectly. I couldn’t tell where the rapper ended and the camera began, the two became one. Please tell me what lens you used for the mounted car shots, my Contax zooms are not that saturated. My f1.4 primes could maybe get there, but not my zooms. I need to add to my kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Skinner View Post
    Holy cow that was brilliantly shot. The shots were tight and lyrical and had awesome motion, which matched the subject perfectly. I couldn’t tell where the rapper ended and the camera began, the two became one. Please tell me what lens you used for the mounted car shots, my Contax zooms are not that saturated. My f1.4 primes could maybe get there, but not my zooms. I need to add to my kit!
    Thank you BTW! Tamagatchi, the mounted cam on the front of the car was all Prime. The humble contax 50mm, and a take with 85mm. Zooming in and out via post. Never used the 28-85/35-70 at all.

Those music vids were well done! My lenses cower with envy. Great job all around.
    Steve Sherrick

Zooming in and out via post.
    LOVE THIS.

Great job, again, on these videos. So fun.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    I generally recommend folks send their lenses to be fully modded at a lens tech.

Either Duclos or RP lens are great.
    This is a no brainer if you live in the US, but down here on the southern tip of Africa, not quite as realistic. I have declicked one of my MMs pretty easily, but the AEs seem more complicated - I managed to strip to a certain point but couldn't get any further. Does anyone have tips on declicking AEs? Thanks!

{EDIT: Wow, just noticed I've been lurking here since 2011 - this is my first post!!}