Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 462 of 462 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462
Results 4,611 to 4,613 of 4613
    First time posting here... been building out my set of MMJs after following this thread. My first set of glass for video, I am stoked!

Wanted to put a warning out for buyers on eBay... I have been collecting my kit and had issues with 2/3 lenses that I bought in "Mint" condition from Japan.

The biggest drag is my 35mm 1.4 MMJ, I was prepping it to be sent off for cine-mod a couple days ago and noticed the elements have started to separate quite severely. Tried to compare it to the eBay picture and noticed it might be visible in their shots as well, although so far they have claimed it had no issues when it was sent out. Pic iattached; original eBay picture (left), brightness/contrast applied to original eBay pic (center) and current state of lens (right). A crescent shadow shape is developing on one side of the lens in a fixed position with some reflective lines following the path of the shadow. These lines are not nearly as colorful as the typical lens separation colors though.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gmego3wy6bh1f8/lens.jpg?dl=0

I also have a 50mm 1.4 with quite a few cleaning scratches on the back, but this doesn't concern me enough to return it to Japan. This was also listed as "mint" and hard/impossible to tell from the pics.

Anyways, much love to everyone for all of the information shared here!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Korompilas View Post
    First time posting here... been building out my set of MMJs after following this thread. My first set of glass for video, I am stoked!

Wanted to put a warning out for buyers on eBay... I have been collecting my kit and had issues with 2/3 lenses that I bought in "Mint" condition from Japan.

The biggest drag is my 35mm 1.4 MMJ, I was prepping it to be sent off for cine-mod a couple days ago and noticed the elements have started to separate quite severely. Tried to compare it to the eBay picture and noticed it might be visible in their shots as well, although so far they have claimed it had no issues when it was sent out. Pic iattached; original eBay picture (left), brightness/contrast applied to original eBay pic (center) and current state of lens (right). A crescent shadow shape is developing on one side of the lens in a fixed position with some reflective lines following the path of the shadow. These lines are not nearly as colorful as the typical lens separation colors though.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gmego3wy6bh1f8/lens.jpg?dl=0

I also have a 50mm 1.4 with quite a few cleaning scratches on the back, but this doesn't concern me enough to return it to Japan. This was also listed as "mint" and hard/impossible to tell from the pics.

Anyways, much love to everyone for all of the information shared here!
    oh man, sorry to hear that. great thing about ebay is you can send pretty much anything back. they have to provide shipping if it's not as described too. I know it frustrating tho. i had the same issue when I was putting together my set. I always tried to buy from people here in the states but sometimes for the harder lens you have to buy from japan. they just don't really know whats up.

Also, I'm gonna be getting rid of some AE's all with gears, decliked. I went with ae's because I wanted the extra character and don't mind the blades. In fact I love them. I haven't listed anything yet but will shortly so please let me know if anyone's interested. in LA.

18/4
    25/2.8
    60/2.8 makro
    135/2.8