Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 458 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 4580

Just wanted to add the lens gears from http://www.ebay.com/usr/helicoptersean are solid and well made. He made me a set for my Contax and shipped them out quick.
    Last edited by Jason Walker; 02-18-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Damn I want those lens gears

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Walker View Post

Just wanted to add the lens gears from http://www.ebay.com/usr/helicoptersean are solid and well made. He made me a set for my Contax and shipped them out quick.
    Thanks! This looks ideal for me, since the cinelens conversions is a bit out of my price league.

Yeah I can't wait to get mine, they got shipped out the other day

Roy Rossovich, FSF
    Hasselblad Master 2016

Hasselblad X1D
    Hasselblad CFV-50c
    Alexa Mini
    Alexa Plus 4:3
    RED Dragon M
    RED Epic X
    RED Scarlet X

Zeiss Standard Speeds 16, 24, 35, 50, 85

BeSteady 4

Lupo Lights, DS Voyager

Latest Features: Union Furnace, Stranger in the Dunes, Gale Parallax, Old Bastard

IMDB

www.royrossovich.com

Hi Friends , i do have the set of zeiss con tax lens except for 28 mm f2, looking to buy a good copy.
    yesterday i took a few pictures from zeiss con tax 100 mm with canon t2i

i love zeiss contax lenses
    i am thinking of rehousing them

i am trying to post the picture here but i couldn't can anybody tell me please
    thanks
    Last edited by HARITHA D; 02-19-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: not displaying the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by HARITHA D View Post
    Hi Friends , i do have the set of zeiss con tax lens except for 28 mm f2, looking to buy a good copy.
    yesterday i took a few pictures from zeiss con tax 100 mm with canon t2i

i love zeiss contax lenses
    i am thinking of rehousing them

i am trying to post the picture here but i couldn't can anybody tell me please
    thanks
    use a site like http://imgur.com/ then copy the bbcode message boards & forums, then paste it in your post.

I have an email in to him about gears for a few of my Contax lenses without gears. Maybe once enough get them the full set will be covered making it a little easier to have them done.

@ Jason - those mods look great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID BARKAN View Post
    Out of curiosity: Here in Brazil no one cares about them... I keep talking about my lenses to people, and by people I mean professionals, and they don't really care or don't understand what I'm talking about... it's crazy. Better for me. =)
    Haha. Yeah, I think the cats out of the bag here, certainly "Contax" is making a come-back now that owner operators are realizing these are full frame Zeiss lenses from the 80's and 90's, during same period as Standards/Supers...but in general...its still a niche thing. The "general" marketplace isn't aware and probably doesn't care. This is def boutique lens shopping. You have to love character and be willing to mine for gold if you want to jump into Contax (or Leica or Rokkor or FD for that matter). It takes a certain personality to be honest, which I find oddly comforting. It's seems pretty clear many of us on this thread are excited about similar characteristics and qualities in lenses. If not, we'd all be buying L glass (nothing wrong with that, again it's all about style and taste and what you like..there is room for everyone and everything!).

Quote Originally Posted by Uli Plank View Post
    I have a question to my fellow Zeiss C/Y fans regarding the "Hollywood" vs. 28mm f2.8: are you observing the same as me, i.e. the Hollywood being better at 2.8 than the smaller 28mm? Or do I have a lemon?

Other than the 25mm the 28mm f2.8 is normally regarded as a very sharp lens.
    Been on a shoot all week, but wil try and check my two. My 28 2.8MM is a late 8 serial, and is killer, but let me see. Also bear in mind that many of the landscape photographers that love the 2.8 are often shooting stopped down. That's where it's reputation comes from more. That said, my 2.8 has lovely even performance which I like. And very contrasty. But every time I put on my Hollywood, I sort of fall in love. I haven't pixel peeped them to death though, but let me check them at 2.8 and see how off they are, just to give you peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rossovich View Post
    Just ordered my 35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.4 plus all the gears for my set from Sean, only missing a 50mm now and I have a full set. So in love with the look my 28mm f/2 produces I never want to put another lens on, don't even need to grade the material it feels sometimes.
    Haha. Love your enthusiasm. Agreed, Hollywood is a dream lens! Dripping with character.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rossovich View Post
    Uli, I was out with my 28 the other day, the f/2 version and felt it had a very pleasing sharpness, just where it was focused too, I really like the softness of everything else not in focus but at the same time I really love shooting with open apertures. I haven't tried the 2.8 version but everyone here says it's sharper throughout and edge to edge and all that. for me I don't mind softer corners :)
    My Hollywood focuses to infinity fine FYI. Is it your adapter perhaps? Sometimes those go BEYOND infinity, so that's why it could look soft. The cheaper adapters do that (they play it safe), so you have to ease back on the focus and bring it back to infinity. Try that, that could be what's going on.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

9. #1569 28mm f/2 sharpness 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    My Hollywood focuses to infinity fine FYI. Is it your adapter perhaps? Sometimes those go BEYOND infinity, so that's why it could look soft. The cheaper adapters do that (they play it safe), so you have to ease back on the focus and bring it back to infinity. Try that, that could be what's going on.
    I have a leitax adapter on it and I think it is sharp just much lower contrast then I am used to even though I love it. when i pull the contrast and sharpness up in RCX or photoshop then its no problem. I've been shooting Nikon G lenses for a while now and they are so contrasty and sharp it's hard to compare old lenses to them. Though I must say I love the sharpness of the 135mm 2.8.

straight from camera.

link to fullres http://www.flickr.com/photos/94610253@N05/12644090024/
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Roy Rossovich; 02-19-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Roy Rossovich, FSF
    Hasselblad Master 2016

Hasselblad X1D
    Hasselblad CFV-50c
    Alexa Mini
    Alexa Plus 4:3
    RED Dragon M
    RED Epic X
    RED Scarlet X

Zeiss Standard Speeds 16, 24, 35, 50, 85

BeSteady 4

Lupo Lights, DS Voyager

Latest Features: Union Furnace, Stranger in the Dunes, Gale Parallax, Old Bastard

IMDB

www.royrossovich.com

Contax 85mmf1.4MMJ
    screenshot from Epic 4k.