Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet and Epic BUILD 4.0.6 BETA

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasOberg View Post
    Question. Normally I turn off the camera by holding down the power button. Is this correct? Often when I restart it sais that the camera was not properly shut down.Am I doing it wrong?
    Andreas
    You should let go of the power button when the "Shutting Down" message appears. If you continue to hold the power button (~5 seconds total) the camera will power off without completing a clean shutdown.
    -- Matthew Biederman

Quote Originally Posted by TheBied View Post
    You should let go of the power button when the "Shutting Down" message appears. If you continue to hold the power button (~5 seconds total) the camera will power off without completing a clean shutdown.
    When I'm holding down the power button in this build, "Shutting down" message is not appearing.

I have major hd-sdi and hdmi problems with this build. When trying to output on both the sdi and hmdi port, one of the 2 doesn't work. When i change the herz of the hdmi, the SDI output suddenly doesn't work anymore, etc. That kind of stuff.

This really should get fixed, on a c300 i never ever have problems with outputs behaving strange, but on the epic, also in previous build sdi and hdmi are acting quite strange.

I would like to suggest some requests and I wonder, if not more user would agree with me....?
    1. to have the option of a complete power shut down. I would like to keep my so little power source inside the sidehandle. But I remove it all the time, because it does drain the battery - very little, but does. If I can leave the battery in, it would also not wear that battery clip holder out fast.
    2. This is for those whose eyesight is not that what it used to be:
    to have an option, to make the timecode numbers a little bigger as well.
    3. I had requested that long time ago (still on the RED One) and Steward said, that will be easy to implement:
    something like a timer.
    I often have to time my shots, e.g. 20 sec or 30 sec or whatever. Have to look at the timecode (actually edge code) and calculate.
    Or using a stopwatch (which I mostly forget to bring with me.)
    Or maybe... even better... like the interval setting has a frame limiter.... if that would be possible for normal run time, that would be great!\\

Thank you.

Dorian
    Tokyo

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Weber View Post
    I would like to suggest some requests and I wonder, if not more user would agree with me....?
    1. to have the option of a complete power shut down. I would like to keep my so little power source inside the sidehandle. But I remove it all the time, because it does drain the battery - very little, but does. If I can leave the battery in, it would also not wear that battery clip holder out fast.
    3. I had requested that long time ago (still on the RED One) and Steward said, that will be easy to implement:
    something like a timer.
    I often have to time my shots, e.g. 20 sec or 30 sec or whatever. Have to look at the timecode (actually edge code) and calculate.
    Or maybe... even better... like the interval setting has a frame limiter.... if that would be possible for normal run time, that would be great!\\

Thank you.

Dorian
    Tokyo

In 4.0.x you can change the size and location of any overlay item. The large setting for the Timecode might be too big in your case, but we can look at adding more sizes.

The frame limiter is active in continuous mode. That is, I believe you can achieve why you are asking for already.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Lillehaugen View Post
    Version 4.0.6 does offer shorter pre-record times (down to 4 seconds).

Pre-Record is not really a mode, you need to trigger it. However, in 4.0.6 we added a "Always trigger Pre-Record before recording" checkbox (in Settings->Recording->Pre-Record). Make sure this is unchecked.
    Thanks Trent - found that today and it worked a treat, a 2 second pre-record time would still be very useful when shooting high speed - 4 seconds at 100fps is still 16 second playback at 25fps. Also found the check-box so am sorted - appreciated!
    Mark Deeble
    Wildlife Filmmaker
    cinematographer - director - writer
    www.deeblestone.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Weber View Post
    something like a timer.

Thank you.

Dorian
    Tokyo
    I like the idea of a "per shot" timer that resets itself on every shot. Minutes and seconds. Optional, of course.

Also, could you add a "marker" system that you can trigger in camera while shooting by pressing a button ? This could be very useful when scrubbing through long takes in RCX trying to find a given moment. Even if it couldn't be exported afterwards it still could be handy.
    Shot in Scotland on Epic X : http://vimeo.com/40090627

Banned
    Great news to hear.. Thanks Jarred and the Red Team!

I think that this happens if I press the button too long. Trying to hold it only for a few seconds and it seems better. That is a strange functionality

Cheers
    /Andreas
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    www.THUNDOOR.com- Visually poetic images and stories that matter
    Epic X #3734, Strummer Bright Tangerine, Red Primes, Clutch, Sachtler Video 20 S1

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Lillehaugen View Post
    In 4.0.x you can change the size and location of any overlay item. The large setting for the Timecode might be too big in your case, but we can look at adding more sizes.

The frame limiter is active in continuous mode. That is, I believe you can achieve why you are asking for already.
    Trend,
    thank you, clear on the limit frames now works great, but not sure, how I could activate the bigger fonts?
    Could you please give some help on that?
    Also, a little confusion on my side:
    I recently bought the Nikon Mount, in order to enjoy the autofocus, I also bought the Micro Nikon 60mm.
    I learned, Touching the screen with your finger anywhere, it will focus there.
    Problem No. 1: I saw a demo at RED Tokyo. While the lens is seeking focus, there is a green (or yellow) light showing up, to show, that the lens is focusing.
    It never happen in my case, no light at all..... (only the Tally light when recording)
    Problem No. 2: after touching the portion on the screen I want in focus, I press the record button, it happens many times while pressing, the seek focus function (pressing the button half way) is activated and the lens starts trying to start focus again, but at that time I m already at the recording position and the camera records a totally out of focus image.
    I am sure, I must have overseen something..?
    And also 1 more question: in the Focus Menu I have Brain HDMI and Brain SDI HDI. I don't know, which one applies to using the 5" LCD screen and where, if any, is the difference.

Thank you.

Dorian