Thread: Corrupt frames on Scarlet #1795 (second time this week)

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Corrupt frames on Scarlet #1795 (second time this week) 
    I am shooting a documentary today and we are having long takes and I am experiencing some corrupt frames, it happened the other day on a 3 minute take and this one happened 5 minutes in using two different ssd cards AC power in a cool room. I am thinking this is an over heating issue because the last couple days have been fine with fan speed at 40% but I just lowered the fan speed to 30% and it has given me this. (about 7 of them). The first time I didn't get a recording error this time I did. At this point I really cant afford to not have a camera and to pay to get it fixed so Im sort of stressing out on what I should do.

I have experienced the same issue twice. It has happened on two different firmwares. The recent time was on the most recent release build.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysin Joseffer View Post
    I have experienced the same issue twice. It has happened on two different firmwares. The recent time was on the most recent release build.
    What did you do? I contacted red and they told me that they were going to check it out through my meta data.. Do you think I have to send my camera in?

Quote Originally Posted by paul schefz View Post
    had the same issue....ended up sending the camera in and after trying to fix it, they ended up replacing it....gave me a new one....
    i had the issue one day with one card.....shot more the same day to a different card without any problems, thought it was the card....but i could not replicate the issue, had nothing to do with side ssd mount, lens mount or cards or power....red said that it was an internal part...and ended up replacing the entire camera....
    Was your camera still under warranty?