Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: What Happened to EXIF/IPTC?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 What Happened to EXIF/IPTC? 
    I'm currently on RCX 17, Mac 10.8.2, Scarlet-X (footage from various builds)

I don't often export stills from REDCINE, but previously (last time was probably four or five months ago) the still exports, using both the snapshot button and export presets would include some basic, but very useful IPTC/EXIF data that included the camera model, original R3D filename, focal length, frame size, etc. Unless I'm somehow forgetting, I don't think there was any other step I did to get these, it just worked. Now, no matter what settings I try (tried Include XMP which I thought would do it) I get nothing. Hope that this is fixable, or someone can just point me towards what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

-Harry

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Red Team
    Hi Harry,

It's still the case that snapshot's and still exports to TIFF/PSD will include XMP metadata. Snapshots get it automatically -- anything that uses a TIFF/PSD export preset needs to have "Include XMP" checked. Are you exporting to one of these formats? Is all the metatdata you are interested in actually present in your source .R3D's? Filename, model, and frame size will be at the very least.

David

Thanks so much David. Total user error here...I didn't realize that a JPG couldn't be exported with metadata. Exporting TIFF with XMP is indeed working fine, and then using Automator to convert to JPG.
    Thanks again

Harry

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #4  
    Red Team
    Thanks Harry,

Adding XMP metadata to exported JPG's is something we can add. I'll look into that for a future release.

Cheers,
    David

Thanks David. Obviously a pretty small issue in the long run, but if it could be added it would certainly be useful.
    Best,

-Harry