Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: NAB 213 update...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 NAB 213 update... 
    The RED team has been working overtime (the ultimate understatement) to make sure we don't disappoint at NAB 2013.

What we are doing on so many fronts is not easy. Just the opposite. It is all nearly impossible when you consider where the other companies are today... and they have had decades of practice.

It wasn't too long ago that we bravely entered this market with a "4K for everyone" camera. Then we invented upgrades. Admittedly, we knew less of what we were doing than more. But we continued to push ahead with the same "we don't know what not to do" attitude.

For all of our faults (many)... caring about our customers and pushing the envelope are not two of them. This always seems to have us riding the ragged edge. This NAB presentation is no exception. We are trying to do things never done before and the clock is ticking for us to get ready.

We have been particularly quiet before this one for good reason... we aimed incredibly high and it will be a close call. I can, however, now say that stopping by the RED booth this year will be a good idea... thanks to the effort of our entire team.

I'm getting old and this stuff is getting pretty nerve-racking. But we will make it. So should you.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Standing by to have my wallet start hurting. Wish I could be there. Looking forward to the new gear.
    Isaac Marchionna
    DART Design
    DRAGON-X 03914 "Ballista"

See you there Jim!
    "Life is full of obstacles. They never end. The ones that get past them have the richest life."
    Jim Jannard

Will be there. I am bringing my desire to buy that laser projector, make sure you bring the machine to process my credit card =)

Baselight Color Correction and DI, DaVinci Film Transfers (S35,35,S16 & 16) & Tape to Tape
    Smoke Advanced & Smoke HD ON-Line Suites
    (3) GFX/VFX Suites
    (2) Final Cut Pro Suites with HD-SDI Monitoring and IO
    ProTools 5.1 HD Suite, with HD-SDI monitoring/IO,recording booth & FX-Music Libraries
    (2) On-Set workstations powered by RED Rocket™ with 16TB RAID 6 storage & Dual-ESata CFReaders

The auxiliary Pez dispenser was my idea. Just sayin'.

Be sure to have a cold beer or two and a cigar on hand.

Red Rocks.

Respectfully yours.
    David in Toronto

I'll be there for surez, appreciate all your hard work.
    http://www.youtube.com/patrickfaithart
    "Litl" #250 "Pudl" #397 of "Ink" (Monochrome) #3752

Looking forward to it!
    Epic-M package

All very exciting news! I will be missing NAB and was hoping this year would be my first one. I will be in production (first AC) all April/May on a feature here in Ontario Canada, shooting RED ONE MX!(DP - Michael Jari Davidson, CSC) A good reason to miss NAB, but I just hope the Red booth coverage is good so I can see all the amazing offerings of Red.

The efforts are well appreciated, by many! Thank you.

I'll be late to NAB and it is all your fault, Jim...

....because I have to meet with a producer who is flying into CO that weekend to bring a multimillion dollar project to my modest state.

...which would never have happened if you had not had this hare-brained idea to invent this crazy-ass camera.

What a short, strange trip it's been!

Looking forward to hearing about what is cooking in the RED kitcen. The main course has been quite tasty.

What's for dessert?

Do we have to be present to win?
    One camera is a shoot... two or more is a production...
    Chrysalis... shooting 2015
    L.C. (Elsie) N., dba nelloProductions, LLC