Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: NAB13- DSMC FAN 2.0 Upgrade Kit

Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    +2 Would love to know.

I just now noticed the TWIN THRUST DUAL FAN on the anodizing. Simply put, an overthruster!

Isaac Marchionna
    DART Design
    DRAGON-X 03914

Can vouch that fan upgrade kits are shipping. Have a tracking number, out on a shoot with an Epic and a R1MX so will miss it on the first delivery truck merry-go-round, but it will be waiting for me to pick up when I get back to home base Monday.

Feels like Christmas in June

Can we please have some clarifications on the fans compability. 1) Is the new bottom fan going to interfere at all with RED modular assault plate and 2) is the RED top fan going to require us to ship our RED top plates for modification and if yes what is the proper procedure to do so and what is the turn around for the modification? If the turn around is too long then I would like to just buy the new top plate and just take a loss, when are the "new compatible" top plate be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Maz Mawlawi View Post
    Can we please have some clarifications on the fans compability. 1) Is the new bottom fan going to interfere at all with RED modular assault plate and 2) is the RED top fan going to require us to ship our RED top plates for modification and if yes what is the proper procedure to do so and what is the turn around for the modification? If the turn around is too long then I would like to just buy the new top plate and just take a loss, when are the "new compatible" top plate be available?
    1. From what I can "extrapolate" via images and the Red DSMC Modular Assault Plate sitting in front of me I think it will clear. The clearance provided by the spacer that the word "DSMC" is printed on alludes to that. However, I have seen other 3rd party plates that I strongly believe will have clearance issues.

2. It's been mentioned that the DSMC Top Plate will need to be modified for the Top Fan and could be done so during the upgrade process to Dragon or when having the fans themselves installed at Red, however, not much else is known at this point.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K S35 Helium "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

To expand on #2 there, Jarred just posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yeah.. we needed to make a decision.. Try and keep legacy and stick with an old top fan the way it was designed, or use a better design with better fans and housing that resulted in better performance but needed a bit more room than the exiting top plate provided. We went with better performance, and offer to upgrade the top plates out there for no charge.

I know it sounds strange.. I am sure other companies would of either just used the old design to make everyone's life easier, or just come out with a completely new product and force you to buy everything new.

Speaking of which... There will be a new top plate specifically made for the top fan, that you can buy instead of upgrading your old one ( existing top plate owners get a bit of a discount )

Its pretty badass...

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Thanks Phil.

Against all of our Adult Supervision's guidance, here is a pic of the aforementioned new top plate that is coming.

Let us just pretend that is the only thing going on here :)

Now we are talking!!!! Great to see with what RED came up!

Thanks for the picture.

Pat

Thanks Phil.

Against all of our Adult Supervision's guidance, here is a pic of the aforementioned new top plate that is coming.

No worries. I won't tell anybody!

Whatever that little icon graphic is on the top of the DSMC Tactical Top Plate 2.0 is I like it!

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Whatever that little icon graphic is on the top of the DSMC Tactical Top Plate 2.0 is I like it!
    Skully :-)
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram

....snip...

I didn't notice anything unusual ;-) but if one were designing for the shortest possible underwater housing configuration, how far would a redvolt XL stick out past the end of the epic body?
    Save the Sharks
    Epic-W Helium 8K (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Aero3D mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com