Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Mac vs. Windows...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Mac vs. Windows... 
    What is your opinion?

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Both.

Mac. Retina Macbook Pro- best laptop I ever owned. Thunderbolt. Works fantastic- Rocket in external box is a game changer. I expect the upcoming Mac Pro to be "the" computer to have for all production needs. Having been contacted by a Final Cut Pro X employee after an issue here also made me feel assured of their commitment. Will stick with Apple for the time being.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

Jim, the last time you started a mac thread you ended up deleting it. But if you must know... Mac.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I promise not to delete this one.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Jim, the last time you started a mac thread you ended up deleting it. But if you must know... Mac.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Gave PC a try on a real beefy machine, and despite everything apple has done to piss off the pro market, still prefer Mac.

Professionally:
    We are a 50/50 house. We have JMR RAID and two PCI expansion bay systems loaded with RED Rockets and nVIDIA cards. Around 60 TB of RAID 50 storage. We swap mini-SAS cables back and forth between a 2012 Mac Pro and a Maingear custom PC.

We're extremely fast, cost-effective, and put all of the big storage and decoding hardware in the middle. The Mac Pro and PC are now just terminals to us. For everything else, we use a mobile DIT rig we built (MacBook Pro Retina) and Microsoft Surface Pros.

Personal:
    On the home automation front, it's all Apple.

Once you go Mac....

I make it my business to cater to everybody's workflow needs, but I'm a Windows guy.

A good chunk of studios I do work for are Linux based and back when I was at my old studio gig it's what we used.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

I believe 2014 will be the year where Mac finally catches up again with a complete solution for all that we need (including native mac 4k display). In the mean time we are too invested in Mac to switch over to something else to then switch again. I agree with Carlos... despite all that Apple has done to us... we just can´t seem to quit it.
    Manfred Lopez
    Director - Writer

BIO - IMDB