PDA

View Full Version : I'm in.

James Kirst
04-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Kudos RED. This is probably the coolest thing ever... So many ideas so little time... Hopefully more stuff will start as Dev kits.

Jeff Kilgroe
04-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I like the concept. I ordered the kit. I guess we'll see what happens.

Nick Pasquariello
04-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Ordered. Got an idea for an app that I think is just on the edge of "biting off more than I can chew".

Terry VerHaar
04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Jeff - whatever you decide to develop, I'll buy it. LOL

Zhibo Lai
04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm in as well. Had an idea for smart phone, but hopefully can now have better integration directly with Red.. Looks my past life as a programmer hasn't all gone to waste.

Mikael Lubtchansky
04-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Pretty busy at the booth these days but will be happy to help with any technical or philosphical questions you may have. Not sure about NDA and how much can be shared on a open forum... But I'll try to find out about this.

Nick Pasquariello
04-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Pretty busy at the booth these days but will be happy to help with any technical or philosphical questions you may have. Not sure about NDA and how much can be shared on a open forum... But I'll try to find out about this.

To help me get a head start would just be to know what programming language(s) we'll be working in. I assume there's some XCode if we'll be making an iOS app. But at the same time, I'd rather make something compatible for both iOS and Android if I'm going that route.

I might have a hell of a learning curve ahead of me. I've got a lot of free time this week though, so I'd love to use it productively getting a head start.

Juan gonzalez
04-07-2014, 09:12 PM
If anyone can send me more info or link me to this news, i will appreciated a million times, thanks in advance

TheBied
04-07-2014, 09:20 PM
https://www.red.com/developers

Free downloads and documentation.

Several team members will be monitoring this section to answer any questions about it, technical or otherwise.

Jeetu Chawla
04-08-2014, 12:08 AM
We recently set up an app development company & are working on apps for the Indian Film Industry along with a cricket based game app (Cricket is a game)...
Off late i felt a bit divided between my primary business of camera rental (RED only) & mobile apps...
This is such sweet product from Red, that i can now merge the two businesses & no longer feel guilty about letting any one down :)
Bring it on!
Thank you, Red!

Jeff Kilgroe
04-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Jeff - whatever you decide to develop, I'll buy it. LOL

Really? Oh, then I've got a deal for you! ;)

Patrick Grossien
04-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm in.

soren k jensen
04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Wish: a finger wheel focus control of dslr lenses. Like the redrock micro remote system.

Mikael Lubtchansky
04-14-2014, 05:59 AM
To help me get a head start would just be to know what programming language(s) we'll be working in. I assume there's some XCode if we'll be making an iOS app. But at the same time, I'd rather make something compatible for both iOS and Android if I'm going that route.

I might have a hell of a learning curve ahead of me. I've got a lot of free time this week though, so I'd love to use it productively getting a head start.

Hi Nick

Yes I think Xcode would be the way to go for iOS but on the other hand the protocol itself is just basically sending and receiving TCP packets so basically any programming langage could be used. The REDLINK SDK / API comes with cross platform desktop demo apps developed using Qt that can compile both on mac and PC. Not sure such a thing exists for iOS / Android but maybe creating a php based or web based app is possible...

btw thanks for buying foolcontrol (it was developed in 6 weeks using AppleScript Obj-C in Xcode 5 and can only run on OS X for the moment)

Nick Pasquariello
04-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Hi Nick

Yes I think Xcode would be the way to go for iOS but on the other hand the protocol itself is just basically sending and receiving TCP packets so basically any programming langage could be used. The REDLINK SDK / API comes with cross platform desktop demo apps developed using Qt that can compile both on mac and PC. Not sure such a thing exists for iOS / Android but maybe creating a php based or web based app is possible...

btw thanks for buying foolcontrol (it was developed in 6 weeks using AppleScript Obj-C in Xcode 5 and can only run on OS X for the moment)

Ironically, I'll be jetting off to DIT a feature for the next month or so, and since I don't yet have the RedLink, despite being one of the first to buy FoolControl, I probably won't get to try it out for about 6 weeks.

But, being away from home, maybe I'll have plenty of down time to start to figure out some programming.

Mikael Lubtchansky
04-14-2014, 07:07 AM
You can always use foolcontrol to set up or monitor cameras using just the GIG-E cable.
That is what I've used to develop the app prior to REDLink's release...

TheBied
04-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi Nick

We looked into the Qt's mobile cross platform offering but opted for native development on iOS / Android.

Dave Winder
04-22-2014, 09:18 AM
As Matt states, we dont have cross compile ability for iOS/Android, but the REDLINK SDK does include full sources for both an iOS and an Android example application to give you a head start. These applications show the proper usage of the various SDK components.

Jeff Kilgroe
04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
My REDLINK module keeps staring at me from within it's cozy little case… Can't really complain that I have no camera to attach it to at the moment -- Dragon upgrades!!!! :)