PDA

View Full Version : Easy solution for Redlink + Vmount?

Hurcan Yilmazer
06-02-2014, 09:25 AM
can this be the solution for the problem?
http://elementtechnica.mybigcommerce.com/red-epic-rear-battery-mount/

Or do you think it would effect the range?

Dan Kanes
06-03-2014, 07:33 AM
I would build out a way to hold a V mount or gold mount on Rods (much like done with original red one - either rods from the Top/back/side.

alternately one could figure a clean way to rig a wifi router with gigabit Ethernet port that will accept p tap power to the side or too of the camera and run a short gig-e/lemo cable down to the port.

Nick Pasquariello
06-04-2014, 10:18 AM
can this be the solution for the problem?
http://elementtechnica.mybigcommerce.com/red-epic-rear-battery-mount/

Or do you think it would effect the range?

As Dan mentions above, you have a lot of options. Seeing as how the RedLink has two antennas sticking out the top (which are a common type of antenna that can be swapped out for longer ones), I would not expect placing something behind the RedLink, like a set of batteries, to affect the range. Placing metal around and in front of the antennas, however, might.

Ian D
06-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Why in the lords good name did they decide not to be able to attach a vmount or adapter pate on the face of this little gem ? What a balls for vlock users. The only option to to put a bunch of bars and over or under hang it, what a pain.

Nils Ruinet
06-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Why in the lords good name did they decide not to be able to attach a vmount or adapter pate on the face of this little gem ? What a balls for vlock users. The only option to to put a bunch of bars and over or under hang it, what a pain.
Yes, surprising choice, given that it prevents from using their own power solutions (redvolt modules and v-mount modules). I hope this is just temporary while this is in beta, hopefully they will release a normal redlink module soon. My dream would be an adapter module that has redlink built in. That way you don't lose any space if you want a very compact setup, on drones or gimbals for example.