PDA

View Full Version : NAB shipping update

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 01:02 PM
Just thought I would give a little update since the April update thread from just a couple weeks ago is getting bogged and so much has happened since then.

Raven lines are heating up.. we shipped twice as many cameras this week as we did last. And that should double next week. Just as you see Scarlet-W numbers dramatically increasing now and getting out in record numbers as they enter their manufacturing groove, Raven is inching into the same momentum.

Normally NAB wipes us out all our teams for a good 2 months before and a month after as we scramble to make a bunch of shiny new things to show the world in our booth. This year you'll see a new monitor, a new module and a new battery and a few other little things from us, and that is it. A few months ago I promised you guys that we would use all our lines for manufacturing cameras instead of the distraction of making a bunch of new prototype things and we have lived up to that promise.. and that focus has been incredibly beneficial.

3rd parties also really help here.. as they work hard to bring you accessories more of our lines can be on the cameras. Our booth is all about them this year.

8K VV sensors are still a bitch to make... and are still rolling out in single digits. Just to give you another sense of that complexity, We can fab 300 8k sensors and only get 2 or 3 perfect ones we deem worthy of going into the bodies. The 8k train is slow.. it's the most insane sensor anyone has ever made but you can ask anyone that has theirs, it's worth the wait.

So thanks for your patience. See you in Vegas.

Chris McKechnie
04-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Awesome Jarred! Thanks for the update!

Eddie Chai
04-16-2016, 01:11 PM
You guys are amazing. Keep on, keeping on! Love the feedback and insight from you and Brent. Lookin forward to NAB!

Antony Newman
04-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the update Jarred!

AJ

Jonathan Stevenson
04-16-2016, 01:14 PM
1% success rate on the 8Ks? Yeah dude, that sounds insanely difficult. These sensors must be worth the trouble though! Any relief in sight for you guys on improving yield?

Andrew R Lewis
04-16-2016, 01:20 PM
...and I thought we would see new Red glass. Or maybe that's post NAB...

Charles Bergquist
04-16-2016, 01:25 PM
...would love to know the 8K pricing at NAB this year.

Luca Perin
04-16-2016, 01:26 PM
Can't wait to get my RAVEN :) The new battery you posted on facebook or a new revolt xl battery? :) I bought the redvolt xl module, quadcharger and 2 batteries and then I saw that V lock beauty aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's a big problem ;)

Michal Bartlomowicz
04-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the update Jarred. Excited to find out more about this new battery. Could it be a v-lock that fits better with the new cameras?

Ahh, yeah, just saw the facebook post that Luca mentioned above. Looks promising!!

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 01:33 PM
1% success rate on the 8Ks? Yeah dude, that sounds insanely difficult. These sensors must be worth the trouble though! Any relief in sight for you guys on improving yield?

Sure, yield will get better as time goes on. This isn't abnormal though. If you remember when we made Dragon 6k, the first batches started out not much better so it's not like we are scratching our heads wondering what went wrong, it just takes time.

Our continuous transparency has risk associated with it.

The more updates we give, and more dates we give out, the more opportunity there is for something to go wrong and break it. It's why most companies just shut the fuck up even when there are delays. When you make everything from scratch, it's not just the hard things like sensors... even one screw coming in that is painted the wrong color can have catastrophic consequences.

Good thing is that we are getting insanely good at this stuff. We have learned a lot over the years. We are hitting our dates even though our products are a multitude more complicated. We now just have to figure out the keeping up with the demand part. Increasing the price of things like the Raven next week is a simple thing that hopefully will help with that, but in the end we are still just a little company in Southern California trying to make cool things as fast as we can :)

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 01:40 PM
...would love to know the 8K pricing at NAB this year.

is that still a secret? Thanks for reminding me to keep my mouth shut :)

It should cost $300k.

Chad Lancaster
04-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Looking forward to the show, hopefully there will be a moment in the madness to say hi.

Akin A
04-16-2016, 01:41 PM
My wallet thanks you for not announcing another sensor this year, lol.

Kyle Wright
04-16-2016, 01:42 PM
The more updates we give, and more dates we give out, the more opportunity there is for something to go wrong and break it. It's why most companies just shut the fuck up even when there are delays.

And keeping completely silent while continually pushing back and then missing release dates didn't work out too well for a certain company who shall remain nameless. All I know is that a lot of guys who had preordered the certain other camera ended up switching to Ravens or Scarlet-W. I know that I had considered picking up a camera from them, but after the wait and terrible communication I said "Screw it. I'm sticking with RED!" So we appreciate the updates, as it lets us know what's going on and why things take the time they take.

luigivaltulini
04-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks Fire Chief :)

Demetri Zuev
04-16-2016, 01:57 PM
That new battery looks interesting, guess it's a RedBrick replacement. And a new monitor? Probably a high-bright one, since there is already a new 7 inch and 5 inch and 9 inch didn't quite take off in the past.

I was just today telling a friend of mine who has a Dragon that with the new 8K sensor it's probably a "1 out of a 100" situation. Missed just 200 more :)

Maik Müller
04-16-2016, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the update Jarred, awesome achievements. New monitor and module sounds very interesting. Saw the battery already, looks awesome and makes me much more comfortable about the V-Mount options for DSMC2. Any news about the DSMC2-Sidehandle? I was hoping to see that at NAB too.

P.S.: Wouldn't mind to get a not-so-perfect 8k-sensor in a Scarlet-W-body. Just kidding. No seriously, this was a joke. Yeah, maybe a tiny little bit of it was not. ;-)

Anthony Marino
04-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Haha the first thing that came to mind was, don't rush man. But glad to hear things moving along. I'm confident I'll have my scarlet w by June. My time stamp is December 21, 6pm EST. Thanks for the transparency guys.

Ugo Del
04-16-2016, 02:01 PM
Communication was good but it's just getting better and better. Just straightforward.

Chris McKechnie
04-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Even with RED only announcing a few things late tomorrow night...they will still dominate this NAB. Their presence is unlike any other. Their booth is always slammed. Everyone manufacturer wants to have a booth like RED's. The people who don't own or anticipate owning a RED camera, still go to the booth, in awe of everything that RED brings to the table.

Even if you can't afford the latest CF weapon, RED has stepping stones/upgrade paths for you, and now with it being cheaper than ever to get into the RED ecosystem, people are boarding the RED train. Those of us who are long-time RED shooters should welcome the new users to our family, as it only strengthens our community as a whole by getting more RED's on sets.

To you new shooters...as you know, RED is unlike any other in the industry, giving a BTS look at their company, where products are in development, shipping times, etc. What other camera manufacturer has their head honchos directly interacting with their customers? None! A lot of us have waited in the past for cameras to be delivered...we know how it feels, but I can assure you, whatever camera or accessory you're waiting for, you won't be disappointed when it arrives.

Jarred, thanks for always being transparent...that's one of the many things that I love about RED. I've said countless times before, this community is unlike any other out there, so thank you for creating this magical place for all members of the RED family to congregate, impart wisdom, share films and really feel like we are a part of something bigger.

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 02:05 PM
That new battery looks interesting, guess it's a RedBrick replacement. And a new monitor? Probably a high-bright one, since there is already a new 7 inch and 5 inch and 9 inch didn't quite take off in the past.

I was just today telling a friend of mine who has a Dragon that with the new 8K sensor it's probably a "1 out of a 100" situation. Missed just 200 more :)

Our 7 inch in a new hingeless body for all you noga loving lovers out there.

Shit. 32 emails from Brent with a whole bunch of !@@$!#$@#!@#@# in the subject line just landed in my inbox.

Demetri Zuev
04-16-2016, 02:07 PM

Shit. 32 emails from Brent with a whole bunch of !@@$!#$@#!@#@# in the subject line just landed in my inbox.

Ahahah, nice one, Jarred

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 02:09 PM

I am calling your wife and having her cut the power to your house...

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Sorry Brent it wasn't my fault they made me do it.

BTW... .when do you load into the car to go to NAB? Kelly doesn't let you check reduser while you are driving right. ;) ?

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Who says she isn't driving? Little brother is watching... :)

Cameron McKinlay
04-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the update Jarred!!!
Those new batteries and that wooden handle look amazing!!!

Ketch Rossi
04-16-2016, 02:26 PM
is that still a secret? Thanks for reminding me to keep my mouth shut :)

It should cost $300k.

Thank God you used the word "SHOULD"... :)

Yeah I do strongly believe that the wait and the final "TRUE" cost for the 8k will be all worth it's wait in GOLD!

See you guys at NAB!!

Made it back safely in time for Colombia... ;)

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Who says she isn't driving? Little brother is watching... :)

cool. BTW, tell Kelly that I found her long lost reptile:

http://www.redgrabs.com/up/1460909060.jpg

Matthew Quinn
04-16-2016, 02:46 PM
hot

Norbert Niederacher
04-16-2016, 02:46 PM
hahaha. I just see a brand new monitor :-)

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 02:48 PM

Kelly just tried to shut my browser...

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Thank God you used the word "SHOULD"... :)

Yeah I do strongly believe that the wait and the final "TRUE" cost for the 8k will be all worth it's wait in GOLD!

See you guys at NAB!!

Made it back safely in time for Colombia... ;)

Everyone that had faith and already put in their deposit for 8K is safe. It's was the deal of a lifetime...

Steve Murray
04-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Awesome. Thanks for this glimpse since I cannot be at NAB.

BrandonChristensen
04-16-2016, 02:52 PM
Do you recycle the 8k chips?

Trevor Meier
04-16-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Kelly is also missing a few other pets, that might just magically get found while Brent is on the road, right guys???

Chris McKechnie
04-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Who knows...maybe Jarred will post in the morning/afternoon tomorrow (as opposed to midnight) during his drive up since he could probably just have his Tesla do all the actual driving. Hehe

Alexander Thomson
04-16-2016, 03:39 PM

WOAHHHHHH! That's a cool reptile.

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 04:20 PM
New product threads:

* JETPACK-SDI (http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?144073-To-all-of-you-who-kept-bugging-us-to-make-a-SDI-version-of-the-Jetpack)

* RED PRO Touch LCD 7" (Hingeless) (http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?144074-RED-PRO-Touch-7-quot-LCD-(-Hingeless-))

* DSMC2 Side Handle (http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?144075-DSMC2-Side-Handle)

* DSMC2 V-Lock Battery Module (http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?144077-DSMC2-V-Lock-Battery-Module)

Marcus Friedlander
04-16-2016, 04:37 PM

Its such a pleasure to see the heads of a major company legitimately enjoying themselves.

I'm glad you two have so much fun revolutionizing the world! It's infectious! Thanks for letting us all be apart of the ride!!

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 04:40 PM
Its such a pleasure to see the heads of a major company legitimately enjoying themselves.

I'm glad you two have so much fun revolutionizing the world! It's infectious! Thanks for letting us all be apart of the ride!!

Marcus, I know I also speak for Jarred when we say we love our jobs. How could we NOT be having fun right alongside you guys?

Demetri Zuev
04-16-2016, 04:42 PM
What about that V-lock battery, folks?)

Mike Altino
04-16-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the update and sneak peeks!

Tom Greenberg
04-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Brent and Jarred, you guys crack me up! Not sure how either of your wives put up with your shenanigans, but at least you are having fun! Love your products, your attitude, and your openness. Can't wait to see you at the show and say hi!

Peter Lyons Collister, ASC
04-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Brent, Are you and Kel taking the whole brood?

Have a great time.

Marco Hanna
04-16-2016, 05:17 PM
LMAO. You guys crack me up. Still an eventful NAB though. Side handle has me all drooling currently. Really wish I was going to NAB! And by the way, haven't I told you two that you rock? I've been sitting in the dark watching all those impatient rage comments about the RAVEN. Maybe it didn't feel too good reading some of those posts but I want to remind you that you guys are doing one hell of a job making the best gear.

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 05:29 PM
Brent, Are you and Kel taking the whole brood?

Have a great time.

Nope, the boys will be with her folks : )

Michael Dalton
04-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Sure, yield will get better as time goes on. This isn't abnormal though. If you remember when we made Dragon 6k, the first batches started out not much better so it's not like we are scratching our heads wondering what went wrong, it just takes time.

The more updates we give, and more dates we give out, the more opportunity there is for something to go wrong and break it. It's why most companies just shut the fuck up even when there are delays. When you make everything from scratch, it's not just the hard things like sensors... even one screw coming in that is painted the wrong color can have catastrophic consequences.

Good thing is that we are getting insanely good at this stuff. We have learned a lot over the years. We are hitting our dates even though our products are a multitude more complicated. We now just have to figure out the keeping up with the demand part. Increasing the price of things like the Raven next week is a simple thing that hopefully will help with that, but in the end we are still just a little in Southern California trying to make cool things as fast as we can :)

It maybe dangerous but it gives us a realistic idea of how things are going. Thanks for that! When did yeilds get better for this 6k sensors?

Gavin Greenwalt
04-16-2016, 06:36 PM
8K VV sensors are still a bitch to make... and are still rolling out in single digits. Just to give you another sense of that complexity, We can fab 300 8k sensors and only get 2 or 3 perfect ones we deem worthy of going into the bodies.

'In totally unrelated news, we're now cranking out 297-298 raven sensors.'
;) Or at least I hope all the rejects are finding a home where they can live out a happy life as a 4.5k sensor.

scott devitte
04-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Everyone that had faith and already put in their deposit for 8K is safe. It's was the deal of a lifetime...

I have to say that when I put in my 3 orders last NAB that I felt I was buying in on the deal of my lifetime. Thank you guys for doing this incredible, crazy, smart as hell jump into the future.

Steve Sherrick
04-16-2016, 07:08 PM
In my opinion, this is the best announcement Red could have made. Brilliant actually. Seems like there is tremendous pressure every year now to announce new cameras and quite frankly I love hearing that the emphasis is now on getting them cranking out of the factory, working with 3rd parties to accessorize them, and some of their own accessories to sweeten the pot. Much respect for not given in to the temptation to hype some future camera that's not even close to ready. I'm hoping Blackmagic learns their lesson and does not announce a new camera (okay maybe Pocket 2 would be acceptable).

Enjoy NAB everyone!

Ketch Rossi
04-16-2016, 10:20 PM

I knew its was the moment it was announced... I was never Negative... But knew for fact that the deal on that first 10k for the 8k sensor was a true STILL of a DEAL!!

Bob Gundu
04-17-2016, 12:22 AM
Hey Jarred, getting these announcements out early should make for a more manageable NAB!

Michael Tiemann
04-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Normally NAB wipes us out all our teams for a good 2 months before and a month after as we scramble to make a bunch of shiny new things to show the world in our booth. This year you'll see a new monitor, a new module and a new battery and a few other little things from us, and that is it. A few months ago I promised you guys that we would use all our lines for manufacturing cameras instead of the distraction of making a bunch of new prototype things and we have lived up to that promise.. and that focus has been incredibly beneficial.

3rd parties also really help here.. as they work hard to bring you accessories more of our lines can be on the cameras. Our booth is all about them this year.

If you had no new items to show yourself, a completely new ecosystem of innovative 3rd parties would still be the biggest news of NAB. User-driven innovation is by far the most interesting, and I know that many of those 3rd party companies are driven by passionate RED users. So kudos to you for changing the game yet again. And you are perfectly positioned now to show how that ecosystem works in concert, without trying to drown out others with your own new announcements. Brilliant!

Nikhil Kamkolkar
04-17-2016, 06:24 PM
Is the EPIC-W dead?

Jarred Land
04-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Is the EPIC-W dead?

nope.. just in hibernation.

Committed to catching up remember, stop tempting me :)

Zeb B
04-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Are there any Weapon 8K cams out there to rent? I have an upcoming commercial project where the added resolution would be a plus. Probably at least a one week rental maybe two.

Blair S. Paulsen
04-17-2016, 11:14 PM
Quick Brent and Jarred, get me my 8K upgrade fast so I can rent it to Zeb... ;-) See you tomorrow.

Cheers - #19

Brent Carter
04-17-2016, 11:29 PM
See you then, buddy...

Daniel Reed
04-18-2016, 12:34 AM
hmmm... Epic-VV

Is the EPIC-W dead?

Demetri Zuev
04-18-2016, 12:36 AM

I honestly don't see where can Epic-W fit at the moment. To me Weapon MG is the Epic-W, but then again, I have no idea what the Epic-W is, maybe it's a high-speed Phantom killer from RED :)

Christoffer Glans
04-18-2016, 03:08 AM
I honestly don't see where can Epic-W fit at the moment. To me Weapon MG is the Epic-W, but then again, I have no idea what the Epic-W is, maybe it's a high-speed Phantom killer from RED :)

Me neither, if it fits above the MG but under the CF that would feel like we who got the MG got a little cheated on a better upgrade if the cost is reasonable to that, if it fits under the MG but over the Scarlet-W I don't know what it could do that justify it's existence there. It could be a specialized camera, like the Monochrome, High Speed or a 4:3 ANA sensor, but if it's a competition to the MG that would be bad for us who already have the MG.

The MG IS the Epic-W in my opinion as well, there's a reason the upgrade was from Epic Dragon to that camera or above. It's the same as the Epic but in Weapon form.

Michael Tiemann
04-18-2016, 03:14 AM

Purely a guess on my part: EPIC-W is a SCARLET-W camera with a 6K sensor. The 140 MB/sec data rate is really close to 1/2 what Weapon CF can do, so to evaluate its performance, just double the REDCODE numbers. So 6K FF at somewhere between 6:1 and 8:1 for 24-30 fps, and 14:1 or 15:1 at 60 fps. And so on...

Christoffer Glans
04-18-2016, 04:25 AM
Purely a guess on my part: EPIC-W is a SCARLET-W camera with a 6K sensor. The 140 MB/sec data rate is really close to 1/2 what Weapon CF can do, so to evaluate its performance, just double the REDCODE numbers. So 6K FF at somewhere between 6:1 and 8:1 for 24-30 fps, and 14:1 or 15:1 at 60 fps. And so on...

Even with those specs I don't see a real place for it. The price would be very close to a Weapon 6K and if anyone would seriously look into buying a Red and want more than the Scarlet-W it would definitely be because of high speed capabilities. 5K is enough for a 4K delivery that is good. I don't see the improvements those specs would really give compared to adding a little more and get the Weapon 6K. Especially as an upgrade from Epic. What can "this" camera do that the Scarlet-W can't in order to deliver the material you need? If a client needs more than what the Scarlet-W can deliver than the client base should be on the higher end scale and a Weapon 6K not that expensive of an investment. I just feel that this camera won't fill any gap, it will be the least sold camera.

Matthew Quinn
04-18-2016, 04:28 AM
Having both 6K dragon and 5k SW I must say I am Using the SW a lot more these days for everyday shooting. the camera is SOOOOOOOO lovely and I wouldn't want to trade it even for an "Epic-W"

Kris Tait
04-18-2016, 04:45 AM
Hi Jarred, Brent and Community
I've combed through all the threads and asked a few questions along the way, but I could use a bit of help. I know it's impossible to give concrete dates so I'm not going to ask. I have a Raven v-lock expander package pre-ordered through a UK dealership, but would like to transfer to a Scarlet brain. My question is, under these circumstances am I looking at a summer-autumn delivery of a scarlet-w brain, or can my pre-order timestamp for the Raven be useful in transferring my existing order to a new one.

Is it reasonable to expect a Scarlet brain before start of summer, and will my Raven pre-order help this process along at all?

That's it, that's all. Hope someone can help.

Great job Red and Community. Reduser is really a unique and invaluable resource for Red users. Fucking disruptive as hell.

Nikhil Kamkolkar
04-18-2016, 05:06 AM

Perfect, thank you. No rush. Just wanting to make sure nothing had changed on that front. My kids have (finally) taught me patience. ;)

ian henry
04-18-2016, 09:17 AM

Good thing is that we are getting insanely good at this stuff. We have learned a lot over the years. We are hitting our dates even though our products are a multitude more complicated. We now just have to figure out the keeping up with the demand part. Increasing the price of things like the Raven next week is a simple thing that hopefully will help with that, but in the end we are still just a little company in Southern California trying to make cool things as fast as we can :)

It makes a big difference though to us to get an update, even if just to say hold on. SO much better than hearing nothing - personally don't mind waiting for it to be right. Now I can stop thinking about it for a while and just focus on enjoying the 6K

Brent Carter
04-18-2016, 09:28 AM
Hi Jarred, Brent and Community
I've combed through all the threads and asked a few questions along the way, but I could use a bit of help. I know it's impossible to give concrete dates so I'm not going to ask. I have a Raven v-lock expander package pre-ordered through a UK dealership, but would like to transfer to a Scarlet brain. My question is, under these circumstances am I looking at a summer-autumn delivery of a scarlet-w brain, or can my pre-order timestamp for the Raven be useful in transferring my existing order to a new one.

Is it reasonable to expect a Scarlet brain before start of summer, and will my Raven pre-order help this process along at all?

That's it, that's all. Hope someone can help.

Great job Red and Community. Reduser is really a unique and invaluable resource for Red users. Fucking disruptive as hell.

Kris, we don't know where dealer customers are in dealer queues. And, switching to SCARLET-W from RAVEN - and keeping RAVEN timestamp - is only possible with direct orders from RED.

Saumene Mehrdady
04-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Will the 2-3 weeks delivery estimation for the 4.7" monitors improve? Waiting anxiously for mine :(

Matt Bai
04-18-2016, 06:07 PM
What happens to the other sensors??

Thomas Koch
04-20-2016, 08:15 AM
If I could upgrade my Epic Dragon to an Epic-W, I would so be in that ball game. When the price of $19,000 upgrade was announced, I shit bricks and said screw it, I'm done. Been a loyal since my Red One, but just couldn't do it. But if there was a cheaper option to get into the DSMC2, I would be all over that.

Michael Maes
04-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Will the 2-3 weeks delivery estimation for the 4.7" monitors improve? Waiting anxiously for mine :(
I ordered mine Jan 21st, 2016 so.... "2-3 weeks" would be appreciated...
Also ordered DSMC2 RED EVF (OLED) w/ Mount Pack & Outrigger Handle Feb 29th, 2016 so "7-10 business days" sounds like music in my ears...

Unfortunately some of these items have a cascading effect, like the RT4.7, which is the monitor for my underwater housing.
As I don't have an Epic anymore (by upgrading them to Weapon) that fits in my old underwater housings, I have not been able to film underwater since Feb 1st due to this delay on the RT4.7.
Patience is a virtue ;-O

Nate Pantumsinchai
04-20-2016, 09:34 AM

Ouch. I ordered mine Oct 20, 2015 and still haven't got mine so... it might be a while i think...

Michael Maes
04-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Ouch. I ordered mine Oct 20, 2015 and still haven't got mine so... it might be a while i think...
:-))
Patience is a virtue...
Meanwhile I'll look for another job ;-)

Kalum Ko
04-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Kris, we don't know where dealer customers are in dealer queues. And, switching to SCARLET-W from RAVEN - and keeping RAVEN timestamp - is only possible with direct orders from RED.

This makes sense, but I'm a little confused if my case differs. I originally had a Raven Base I/O ordered placed on September 25th, but recently changed to the Scarlet-W V-Lock and transferred to dealer through my Rep. My rep informed me that they will note my original timestamp, but will my position in the RED queue ultimately depend on when the dealer placed their order?

Saumene Mehrdady
04-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Also ordered DSMC2 RED EVF (OLED) w/ Mount Pack & Outrigger Handle Feb 29th, 2016 so "7-10 business days" sounds like music in my ears...

Unfortunately some of these items have a cascading effect, like the RT4.7, which is the monitor for my underwater housing.
As I don't have an Epic anymore (by upgrading them to Weapon) that fits in my old underwater housings, I have not been able to film underwater since Feb 1st due to this delay on the RT4.7.
Patience is a virtue ;-O

I dove into RED ownership for the first time (after renting them for the past 4 years) a couple weeks ago and I still can't shoot with it because of the accessory waiting game. I think I came in at a bad time, given its NAB season and RED has 2-3 new cameras launching all at once. They are definitely backed up with AKS demand.

as of now the camera just sits in my room, 3/4 assembled, mocking me lol

Matthew Quinn
04-21-2016, 05:56 AM
My buddy matt nardone just texted me a pic that jarred posted on FB with a crazy looking prototype red body.. i cant figure out how to post it here.. anyone seen this?

Jeff Kilgroe
04-21-2016, 06:49 AM
You would have to steal the pic and upload it here or other site that can be linked to. Alternately, you can share the FB post or grab the link to share and I think most of us here can then look as I think a lot of the REDUSER members follow Jarred on FB.

Anyway... It seems to be something cool the guys at RED put together for Fincher.

Elsie N
04-21-2016, 08:19 AM
My buddy matt nardone just texted me a pic that jarred posted on FB with a crazy looking prototype red body.. i cant figure out how to post it here.. anyone seen this?heh, seems facebook is the new REDuser... maybe facebook can buy out REDuser and then everything will be consolidated.

On second thought, maybe RED doesn't want consolidation. Maybe the Facebook posts are directed at the industry school of Big Tuna while REDuser is aimed at the hoi polloi.

Alvise Tedesco
04-21-2016, 08:34 AM
Not a Red prototype body, I guess.
Jarred talked recently about dsmc2 body foreseen (great) longevity

Kris Tait
04-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Yes, that's correct. When you switch to a dealership your timestamp is deleted and you switch over to their place in the queue. In most cases that's a good thing, as their orders were all early, and in bulk. The key is to make sure they promise you a camera in that first shipment that they receive. if you've done that, then you're good. That has been my understanding of the answers I've seen to various questions.

This makes sense, but I'm a little confused if my case differs. I originally had a Raven Base I/O ordered placed on September 25th, but recently changed to the Scarlet-W V-Lock and transferred to dealer through my Rep. My rep informed me that they will note my original timestamp, but will my position in the RED queue ultimately depend on when the dealer placed their order?