Thread: Shot on RED - Raven

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Yeah, what's up with that? Maybe these blasts are just whispers... lol. Can't wait to start seeing some "good" stuff ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bydlon View Post
    Pro Res Raven footage - https://vimeo.com/162369831
    This is already the 2nd footage I have seen today which makes me think: hmmm which DSLR has been used for this shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Walther View Post
    This is already the 2nd footage I have seen today which makes me think: hmmm which DSLR has been used for this shot?
    I almost agree with you but am hopeful for more impressive footage. At least the S-W footage with the dog at the beach looked real good ^_^

This test footage from the S-W is amazing.

https://vimeo.com/160315302

Hope the Ravem lives up near this standard...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Walther View Post
    I think the quality for prores looks pretty nice. Have a look at the sharpness of the picture. And don't forget about the possible framerates that you will never get with any DSLR?

Guys, thanks for posting this! Unfortunately I don't paying enough attention to settings, I just want to record something. R3D file for download:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...4123617/9f444d

the file don't work whit finalc cut x!! why ??

Seriously, what is the point of the "test" footage like this? I see these "quick and dirty" tests making rounds online in alarming numbers.
    'Quick and dirty' apparently means "I just pushed a record button".

It's absolutely horrible. It doesn't take any more effort to get something semi-decent, regardless of the lighting or the environment.

I can understand, to a point, that somebody would maybe shoot something like this but to actually put it online and share.... Why?

You can literally get any camera to look like crap if you shoot crap. No need to share it with the world.
    Last edited by Milan Spasic; 04-14-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    milanspasic.com
    Gemini #88

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Spasic View Post
    Seriously, what is the point of the "test" footage like this? I see these "quick and dirty" tests making rounds online in alarming numbers.

It's absolutely horrible. It doesn't take any more effort to get something semi-decent, regardless of the lighting or the environment.

I can understand, to a point, that somebody would maybe shoot something like this but to actually put it online and share.... Why?

You can literally get any camera to look like crap if you shoot like crap. No need to share it with the world.
    Bad mood today eh? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Spasic View Post

You can literally get any camera to look like crap if you shoot crap. No need to share it with the world.
    +1
    Yeah, not a good representative footage. In my opinion it looks worse than the gym footage... and you can see shadow noise??? What the fuck... at least tell us what ISO is being used, I would also like to know what lens is being used, cause it looks like a kit lens from a Canon Rebel.