Thread: Jetpack Expander Unsupported Rear Module: Please disconnect the unsupported rear modu

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jetpack Expander Unsupported Rear Module: Please disconnect the unsupported rear modu 
    Hi,

I was working with my Red Epic W with the Jetpack Expander as the rear module mounted on a Movi M10 gimbal and powered by IDX Cue D75 v-locks. Everything worked great.
    I got home some hours after the job and just wanted to look at some playbacks straight from the Red. Same set up as before nothing removed or changed and no harm had happened to the camera in between.
    Now I get this message:" Unsupported Rear Module: Please disconnect the unsupported rear module" and shutdown as an alternative. This shows up on the sidekick monitor and there is no images on the Red Touch.

Any ideas?

Everything works just fine when I change back to the v-lock expander again. This is strange. I have only had the jetpack since mid february and used it on two different jobs for maybe 7-8 days altogether and nothing has happened to the camera and I am the only operator.

I have been seeing similar issues when traveling with my gear, except mine happens with a Blueshape cableless v mount adapter. I usually have to detach all modules, clean the contacts and reseed. For some reason though I am seeing the issue more with the Helium than with my weapon last year :/
    KENNY MOSHER
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    https://www.kmodop.com
    @kmoshowdown

First time for me actually, and I have been travelling with a Red for 3-4 years, but only had the Epic W since November and the jetpack since February. The good thing is that maybe could be solved by my self. Will try all that pluss reinstall latest firmware :)

Tried a hardware descover with the jetpack expander installed, now the camera can not find the touch display or the red mag reader :( Is there any way to hard reset stuff with a red?

After a hard reset, my camera is back as it should be with the v-lock I/O expander. I have tried to remove the modules one by one; sidekick, pl-mount and the rear module. I even downgraded, but still it says: " Unsupported Rear Module: Please disconnect the unsupported rear module" on the sidekick monitor and not an image on the red touch with the jetpack connected. But everything else with the boot seems normal. Wonder if there is something with the hdmi connector?
    Guess I will have to send in the Jetpack Expander, everything should be covered if something is wrong, but I need it now :/

I'm now seeing this issue without any battery module attached. Just trying to power the camera via AC adapter thru the base IO expander. I have tried cleaning the contacts and reseeding the base IO but no luck. Any thoughts?
    KENNY MOSHER
    @kmoshowdown

Very strange.
    I got a loaner Jetpack Expander tonight and tested it out immediately.

Still getting the same message: Unsupported Rear Module: Please disconnect the unsupported rear module
    But when I change to my Canon mount everything works well when using the jetpack expander.

What also works:
    V-lock base expander with both PL mount and Canon mount. Super strange. PL mount works as normal with V-lock base expander but not with the jetpack. How can that be? Canon works as normal with both modules.

Hmm...

I had to send in my Helium for this reason. Hoping to find out soon what the issue was...
    KENNY MOSHER
    @kmoshowdown

Please share the info you get from them.

I hope there is a solution for me without sending it in. Really bad timing if I have to do that now, and I do not have a back up Red.

Has anyone found a solution ?