Thread: Movie: A wrinkle in Time.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Movie: A wrinkle in Time. 
    I'm not really into the metaphysucal mind stuff, time and fantasy element, and the film is coached in pseudo science, but there are some surprising links to stuff I have worked on, and in a few or so, of my science fiction stories there is more hard science basis for mind control. The film was rather nice, except the fifty foot Opera,10-20 feet would have looked nice, and the implausible elements, which make you ask yourself of them, why didn't you do that in the first place, or at all? But it is fantasy with fantastical elements. You might say, more low key with many kesdiknz inserted, compared to the normal super hero movie.

Over the years various people and authors have rsyssx the idea of linking one part of spave to another. Here it is illustrated as quantum entanglement, folding space to another point (take note) or a wrinkle in time. The world is just sorting to comprehend these things. Unfortunately it is framed in wild speculative fantasy here, rather than realistic simulation which I like to use in stories. Plausibility. But there are those that want to push people into this.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

I'm living proof that this whole quantum physics, positive mind/ positive energy/ positive manifestation of your thoughts doesn't work. Cause I've been waiting for Gal Gadot rocking up at my doorstep with a set of Leica Summilux for quite some time now and so far....well :/
    Dr. Dominik Münch D.O.C.A
    Filmmaker & Cinematographer
    Epic-W "Lucy"
    http://www.instagram.com/drdominikmuench

Lol!

I've got a friend who's into all sorts of conspiracy theories, and I have to explain to him there are alternative rational explanations (though not like the normal skeptic level explanation, which can work a bit like yet more wishful thinking "alternative" facts). To look into things, rather than just accept what people say and have reported to research (inadequately say) contrived or mistakenly concluded in this mosh pit of neurotic like conclusions.

But after talking with him, an interesting thing I accidentally came across looking at another topic, probably one of conspiratist target or source groups, of this thing of imagiining something and it coming into effect. Now, I've been personally taught something like that by one of the biggest healers in this country ever, with a big track record. So, I'm becoming suspicious of this. I've actually always been suspicious, and know people that insist on various related things to heal yourself. So, do you have a genuine belief which is only true because you believe it? It sounds counter intuitive. But in my physics research there might be an explanation of how something like this could happen. By the normal mechanism though, you are just going be delusional enough to think it could be real but in reality just be a vague form of delusional imagination in your head, which you may or may not be familiar with. But there is the rub, it requires some other mechanism to be possible, one mechanism is something else does it for you, because you don't have a full quantum physics lab/simulator in your head to design and make things or effect the outcome, and the other that you can tap in to a universal structure that is those things (I'm not getting into it, but one of my story lines is called "Tappers" which doesn't go into this whole making things real. With interesting things like the ability to sleep in the core of a star and watch the atomic reactions. I deal with high science fiction, which goes into some pretty bazaar possibilities. Unlike fairy floss science fiction which either has to go into unworkable fantasy or to bazaarly restrict what's possible to subsets, the sorts of things you tell simple people so they feel safe). The actual set of possibilities in science is terrifying to such people. But for me, I believe we only exist in one subset, and that no other subsets exist. I'm very conservative in that way. If you ask me, can we sleep in the centre of a star (but maybe not a black hole) observing quantum reactions? I have no proof of that, it remains an intellectual curiosity, a possibility, if the physics were a certain way. So, transliteration, the thing the concept in the film probably comes from, was not done by the person, but was done to them externally by another. The Truth is out there, somewhere, surrounded by a lot of non truths pretending to by alternative truths. "Alternative"/substitute being the terminology related to an older meaning of what might be called "Anti" so it pays to be wary of new age concepts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a kook (ironically unlike some people that want to argue with me). I'm merely interested in finding actual truths which get crowded out by non truthful alternatives.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.

Well, that got rid of them. :)

the whole topic is actually pretty interesting if you approach it from a stephen hawking kind of angle and not....I read "the secret" and going to turn my life around and wish my cancer away.
    what scares a lot of people when it comes to this topics is the crazy amount of pseudo hippy sciences that gets thrown into the mix.
    Dr. Dominik Münch D.O.C.A
    Filmmaker & Cinematographer
    Epic-W "Lucy"
    http://www.instagram.com/drdominikmuench

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    I haven't seen the film you're referring to, Wayne, but I am a 'believer' in the Law of Attraction, the Law of Allowing and the Science of Deliberate Creation.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

I was impressed with how the first act managed to maintain Ava's incredibly authentic, indie feel - and how the end went into some gorgeous retro-sci-fi visuals. The big "impressive" CGI bits never fully worked for me, but I had a great time and was genuinely moved throughout: which I was not expecting. Would be interested to know how much of the big set-pieces are her and how much are due to studio pressure -- the low-fi takes on the metaphysical were consistently more exciting to me than the giant and overt.
    RED: Scarlet X #05147 "Virchow" -> Scarlet Dragon "Morris" -> Epic-W "Buddy"
    Other Cameras: C100 mkII | URSA Mini Pro | Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (x2) | Panasonic GX8 | Panasonic GH2

www.lupoblu.com