Awesome Peter!!

Agreed on all fronts.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

2 x Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 2 x Gemini / 2 x Komodo
    Leica-R Duclos Cine-mod 16mm-180mm

I agree. Been shooting on Monstro for almost a year now and it is remarkable. The images are great and the flexibility of the camera system is fantastic. Shot a TV pilot for ABC/Warner Bros on Monstro recently and wouldn't hesitate to shoot almost any project on it. The large sensor coupled with the ability to utilize the various resolutions and crops make the camera super adaptable.
    Eric
    cinematographer
    www.ericjhaase.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Haase View Post
    I agree. Been shooting on Monstro for almost a year now and it is remarkable. The images are great and the flexibility of the camera system is fantastic. Shot a TV pilot for ABC/Warner Bros on Monstro recently and wouldn't hesitate to shoot almost any project on it. The large sensor coupled with the ability to utilize the various resolutions and crops make the camera super adaptable.
    I couldn't agree with this more if I tried. I remember having a lengthy conversation with Phil about the adjustments needing to be made to embrace this camera and I was on the fence about hopping off my Weapon Helium. But man, there is something so inherently beautiful and special about this camera that I cant put my finger on. After pulling the trigger and going to Monstro, I cant imagine not having access to that FOV anymore. I loved my 6K dragon so much and when I moved to Helium, 8K was incredible but I felt I missed the color/feel of Dragon out of the box after a while. With Monstro, I love the color/feel out of the box, and the horizon of lenses to accommodate this camera that is only going to get broader will just make this camera better and better. 6K monstro is still a wonderful thing if I want S35. 8K Monstro, is truly special.

Thanks Peter for always throwing your 2 cents in the mix. I'm always curious and excited to read your contributions. It's always appreciated to come on and see all of the different points of view.

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    Digital Domain
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

Quote Originally Posted by John Brennick View Post
    I couldn't agree with this more if I tried. I remember having a lengthy conversation with Phil about the adjustments needing to be made to embrace this camera and I was on the fence about hopping off my Weapon Helium. But man, there is something so inherently beautiful and special about this camera that I cant put my finger on. After pulling the trigger and going to Monstro, I cant imagine not having access to that FOV anymore. I loved my 6K dragon so much and when I moved to Helium, 8K was incredible but I felt I missed the color/feel of Dragon out of the box after a while. With Monstro, I love the color/feel out of the box, and the horizon of lenses to accommodate this camera that is only going to get broader will just make this camera better and better. 6K monstro is still a wonderful thing if I want S35. 8K Monstro, is truly special.

Thanks Peter for always throwing your 2 cents in the mix. I'm always curious and excited to read your contributions. It's always appreciated to come on and see all of the different points of view.
    The beauty of Mostro is that if you window down to 6K you have S35, plus the increased slo mo abilities. Monstro is like having all the best cameras in one.
    Silver Lake Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.slsfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Andersen View Post
    The beauty of Mostro is that if you window down to 6K you have S35, plus the increased slo mo abilities. Monstro is like having all the best cameras in one.
    exactly. And then maybe you need to be a little wider but don't have time to swap a lens, or your lens set is limited, or you didn't get matching focal lengths for B camera...so you go 6.5KHD or 7KHD or whatever....and then on the next shot the dolly can't quite get in the right spot just a foot or so shy...so you window down half a K. Or then you want the big sensor look with shallower focus on wide shots so you shoot 8K. More choices for creative and practical purposes. And always incredible low light performance and astounding dynamic range at any resolution. Love it.
    Eric
    cinematographer
    www.ericjhaase.com

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    "It was the best thing that I have ever seen." - Commercial DP Patrick O'Sullivan on the DXL2, August 2018.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Andersen View Post
    How does the 6k monstro compare to an 8k image from Helium?

Andreas
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    2 x RED DSCM2 8K Helium, Phantom 4K VEO990, Movi Pro Gimbal, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm