Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 683 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 6826
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Hence my next paragraph ;)
    I get it you were saying - absolute lowest but I just couldn't imagine 128gb these days myself. lol
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    I get it you were saying - absolute lowest but I just couldn't imagine 128gb these days myself. lol
    Boy we've all gotten spoiled :) . I remember when we went from 8gb to 16gb on the R1 and were celebrating that we beat the 11 minutes run time of a film mag :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Boy we've all gotten spoiled :) . I remember when we went from 8gb to 16gb on the R1 and were celebrating that we beat the 11 minutes run time of a film mag :)
    its true man - some people still really like to have smaller media with more swaps so options are good.
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

You and likely anybody here know my strong feelings on some of the advantages digital has provided over the years.

One of the things digital has allowed over film in my world has been the exploration of very long form takes and content. Taking into account adding slow motion into the mix and it's been so bloody empowering.

Most people have seen my work with 2-16 minute takes, but the ones that hold for 30-45 minutes are just unreal and have a special place in my heart knowing that just wasn't possible until recently and certainly not at the visual quality levels we're able to achieve today.

Adding the larger formats into the mix and it's even more of a stunning advancement. Then taking the size of the gear we use into account and it's just nuts.

We used to be able to load up with 2000 feet S35 for about 20 minutes of actual roll time with some padding for start/stop, but now with 1TB and 2TB mags a whole new world has opened up and there's also no media waste getting to speed.

At 60fps you could barely get 7+ minutes out of a 2000 foot mag. VistaVision? Half that. And we actually ran I think mostly at 72 or something max for VFX work.

It's truly stunning what's possible now.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Some of us are still in this dark side Jarred, Red one MX + 16Gb cards.. ;)
    Last edited by Mendes Nabil; 02-12-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Has Jared said if the komodo will have any adaptor(s) for DSMC2 Lemo A or B, so we can use current RED screen tech with it? That would really be nice to have the ecosystems work together, as it's supposed to be a combined workforce with DSMC2.

Ideally you could make that using the top body pins and get a HQ solid monitor path, using a mirror to bounce that small screen up might be less than ideal but certainly useful.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

2 x Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 2 x Gemini / 2 x Komodo
    Leica-R Duclos Cine-mod 16mm-180mm

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Diamond View Post
    Ideally you could make that using the top body pins and get a HQ solid monitor path, using a mirror to bounce that small screen up might be less than ideal but certainly useful.
    The pogo interface will work with phones via USB-C adapter, but the signal format would not work with DSMC monitors. Komodo is not DSMC.
    Pretty radical departure from past designs in many aspects. Both more open to and more dependent on third party accessories.

Jarred,

I am assuming the Komodo does not require a "custom RED" monitor to control the camera. If that's the case, I have a few 5" and 7" SDI monitors that should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A. Kelley View Post
    Jarred,

I am assuming the Komodo does not require a "custom RED" monitor to control the camera. If that's the case, I have a few 5" and 7" SDI monitors that should be just fine.
    No custom monitor needed. In fact, RED monitors will not work with Komodo.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram