Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 683 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 6826
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Korompilas View Post
    does anyone know if Komodo at 2K will crop in for super 16mm coverage (@ 24fps)? I have an old Ang 12-120 HEC that is one of my favorite lenses, it covers R16 through the whole range and S16 from about 40-120. It would be amazing to throw it on a small body.
    If it's the same as DSMC 2 you can crop to super 16 and record 2K ProRes or something like 3K or 3,5K R3D.

3K would be ideal here, but that's not currently a supported format. Hopefully it will be added. And yeah, ProRes is available, but not at the same time as REDCODE. You have to re-boot the camera to change recording formats. I don't know if that will change before the camera is finalized, that's the way it is now. I don't mind having to re-boot to switch between R3D and ProRes, serves as a bit of a self-check on that. I would really like 3K formats to be added. The feature I'm hoping for most is long-exposure and intervalometer/ time-lapse. The latter can be accomplished with external control, but I'm really hoping longer exposures will be possible here. DSMC2 is limited to 1 second exposure and from there with have to average or stack images.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    3K would be ideal here, but that's not currently a supported format. Hopefully it will be added. And yeah, ProRes is available, but not at the same time as REDCODE. You have to re-boot the camera to change recording formats. I don't know if that will change before the camera is finalized, that's the way it is now. I don't mind having to re-boot to switch between R3D and ProRes, serves as a bit of a self-check on that. I would really like 3K formats to be added. The feature I'm hoping for most is long-exposure and intervalometer/ time-lapse. The latter can be accomplished with external control, but I'm really hoping longer exposures will be possible here. DSMC2 is limited to 1 second exposure and from there with have to average or stack images.
    2.5k would be slightly larger than S16, but S16 lenses would probably cover it. 3k more like M4/3.

Shot on RED KOMODO: Perfect daily/vlog camera

By
    Chris Bell

Komodo + Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm

By
    Chris Bell

ZEISS Conversations - Phil Holland

By ZEISS Lenses Americas

HI Chief,
    I'm still putting my money together for Komodo hopefully release after the new years I want Classic black, I was going to pay extra 1000 for the black color but good come for free.

Just a big congrats to the small legion of new Stormtrooper, Blue, Yellow, Matte Black, and even a couple other custom finishes that shipped or were picked up in person at RSH.

For those of you here not tracking the crazy efforts of Jarred & Co. over the last few days, it's been an insane look at what contact-less in person delivery looks like (pandemic precautions are at the moment very real here in LA) and rather impressive to see all the folks on the FB and gram picking up their goodies.

Lent out a few batteries and things because it happened so fast and I have plenty of V-Mounts with adapter plates here.

Hope Jarred makes a round up post of all that. Pretty spectacular effort.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Eagerly anticipating lots of new footage samples to play with.

Red Komodo Stormtrooper Test - Venice, CA

By Matt Devino

RED KOMODO: Local artist and skin tones

By Chris Bell

RED CINEMA Komodo Accessories Overview

By
    AF Marcotec

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to get their Komodo. I opted to wait until I knew more about the camera and had a clearer sense of upcoming projects where it would be better than a DSMC2.

In the past week I picked up two run and gun projects in October and November outside the US. At this point, is there any chance that I could get a Komodo before the end of September?
    Epic-W #376 (stolen)

Salty Surf Housing for Komodo has been revealed.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/07/...or-red-komodo/
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO