Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RF Lenses for Komodo

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The 24-105 is really a go to right now because it has a little bit of everything. You arenít going to get a super fast f stop but for the super compact size and range itís great.

The upcoming roadmap for the RF line is really exciting too as canon stops development on new EF glass to focus on their RF.

Now that most of the common lenses are out we can expect to see some cool primes, super telephotos and possibly even a new cinema line! :)
    DoP at Cortex Films
    Calgary, Alberta

True story I bough red scarlet few years ago ,I sold it two months after never shoot on it one footage I was missing SSD module was another 1400$ and was no more money to finish setup. I hope Jere stick with Komodo plan lol , been long way waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_laowa View Post
    Tim, on ultra wide, we have a 15mm t/2.1 Zero-D in RF mount (FF coverage) and I m waiting for the team to mod a RF version of our 9mm t/2.9 (S35 coverage) Zero-D to see if it can fill the full Komodo sensor. Both of them are TINY and makes a lot of sense to pair up with Komodo. I put in my business card for size comparison.

Our 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D , 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Super Macro and 100mm f/2.8 2X Macro all comes with RF mount but its a little bit bigger than the above.
    the 9mm cover 28mm, so is not usable for komodo at 6k really?

Did anyone tested RF 35mm f1.8 on KOMODO yet?

Nice focal length for video, fast aperture, IS.
    Wondering how smooth it gonna work on KOMODO?

Quote Originally Posted by Ching Wei Lin View Post
    Did anyone tested RF 35mm f1.8 on KOMODO yet?

Nice focal length for video, fast aperture, IS.
    Wondering how smooth it gonna work on KOMODO?
    It's not bad. The IS is very useful, but the focusing (both manual and auto) is really bad. tough to use the fly by wire and narrow focusing ring for manaul, and auto is extremely jumpy compared to my other RF lenses. Use it all the time on my R5 but not bothering on the komodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Choi View Post
    It's not bad. The IS is very useful, but the focusing (both manual and auto) is really bad. tough to use the fly by wire and narrow focusing ring for manaul, and auto is extremely jumpy compared to my other RF lenses. Use it all the time on my R5 but not bothering on the komodo.
    Hi Peter,

With weeks passing have you found a solution regarding the focus ring ? Heard there was a way to toggle to rotational using eos R models but does it work on the Komodo ?
    Sylvain Morjane - Cinematographer - Marseille