Thread: Assistance with Variable NDs for Komodo - Which Variable filters do you recommend ?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    I will be going with the Revolva for RF. I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of that here, yet. No polarization problems, but still able to get anywhere from 0 to 7 stops of reduction depending on what cartridge you put in there.
    Revolva is the best. And its not just a normal ND, they're full spectrum. Do we know if the clear is IR cut as well?

thank you Andrew...

3. #23 Komodo and ND Filters 
    Sorry guys..I accidentally deleted my post re Komodo and ND Filters.

I was responding to the person that posted re Tokina 82mm Cinema PRO IRND 1.8 Filter (6 Stop)...I was thinking of going in that direction except using Tiffen., How do the Tokina compare to Tiffen?

I would love to buy the Revolva, however, spending a bundle on the Komodo has left me low on funds.

Has anyone used the CANON DROP-IN FILTER MOUNT ADAPTER EF-EOS R WITH VARIABLE ND FILTER on their Komodo? This is what RED has recommend.

Thanks for all the info.

I have one. While I cannot speak to any color cast issues as I have not used it for color sensitive/skin tone sensitive situations, I can say that for quick work, it's usable. The fit and build quality is the same as the EF adapter, which is ok but not tank-like. The little thumbwheel is in the perfect place to make quick adjustments when shooting run-and gun, but its suuuuper sensitive and has a short throw with next to no dampening. If you touch it, you will likely change the ND value. The other thing to keep in mind is that when the VarND is not in place you're left with a hole where dust or rain could get in. To run with out it, you have to run the clear filter ($$$old separately) to maintain focus.

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but there's also the systems by Breakthrough: https://breakthrough.photography/pro...ers-nav-anchor They look nice, but I have no experience with them.