Thread: LEICA NOCTILUX (TLS) 50mm T0.95 PL MOUNT (VV/LF/FF) ASPH

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 LEICA NOCTILUX (TLS) 50mm T0.95 PL MOUNT (VV/LF/FF) ASPH 
    LEICA NOCTILUX (TLS) 50mm T0.95 PL MOUNT (VV/LF/FF) ASPH

This lens is super rare and only a handful exist. As you would expect from Leica, this lens performs extremely well in the corners with almost no chromatic aberration or fall-off and once out of focus, the soft swirly bokeh is truly breathtaking. The Leica M lenses have always been known as very special lenses, with the 50mm Noctilux the most legendary out of the set. The Noctilux is ultra-fast at T0.95 and as a result, performs extremely well in low light, it is a king of low light lenses, as well as having the option of a depth of field that allows you to seriously isolate your subject. Barry Lyndon, Stanley Kubrick style..

After being rehoused by TLS 'True Lens Services' in England, with cam-form metalwork and PL mount, the lens has an improved close focus of 2’4”. The lens also has a large image circle and as a result, can be used on RED MONSTRO, MINI LF and Sony VENICE in full sensor mode with no vignette.

RED MONSTRO 8K + LEICA NOCTILUX T.95 PL - DEMO FOOTAGE: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/39c...ecipient_email

This will very likely be the first, last and only time you see a Leica Noctilux 50mm T0.95 PL mount lens for sale!

* Two Aspherical Elements (ASPH)
    * Five Partial Dispersion Glass Elements
    * Aperture Range: T0.95 to T16
    * Eleven Aperture Blades
    * Rehoused by TLS
    * PL Mount
    * Covers VV/LF/FF

TLS have quoted $250 to supply a new outer housing which currently has 'Panny Hire L.A' engraved on it, should you want to replace the housing, it's also simple to swap over.

Supplied with a custom foam Pelican case.

Also supplied with an additional spare front element. I planned to have the lens coating removed on this additional front element, so I could have the option of shooting with a coated or uncoated front element (it is super easy to swap the front element over), but I never got around to having the coating removed, any lens tech could remove the coating easily enough, or you have a spare front element for the future.

$16,500 based in L.A - sales @ pannyhire . com - 805 372-9898

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153965395057

Stewart, do you have any footage from this lens to share? Thanks! :)

6. #6 Noctilux .95 50mm 
    Hi, I am about to purchase a used Noctilux 50mm and then send it to TLS for rehousing. I am not trying to play games and low ball you but I saw your 50mm for sale and I will have approximately $13,000.00 in the rehouse. I understand that you may have more invested in your lens but just thought I would ask if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Bill Timmer

If any one is curious, here is a project I shot almost entirely on this exact lens

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/454806861

Also curious if you are still selling it?