Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Astera Lighting REDUSER-Only Deal

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bart cortright View Post
    Did anyone else....
    Just received mine. They have some scratch and rub marks in a couple places but are clean--I'm wondering if mine are b-stock, with some aesthetic deficits. I don't yet have the charger (they're on backorder), so I haven't been able to check functionality.

I came here to ask if anyone else had received the standard accessories (metal holders, stand, and eyebolts)-- they're listed as included on the Adorama page, but missing from my order. The replacement cost of these pieces would be $90.
    Last edited by M Harvey; 08-30-2020 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo

yep, I had that issue too. I ordered 4 titans, 4 helios. it looks like one the helios is new, all the rest look heavily used to me. 2 have rental house labels on them. all but 1 of the titans/helios I ordered did not come with hardware. I called them and explained it was missing the hardware, they offered to ship it to me but I told them I'd be returning my full order since the items clearly werent "open box". I'm definitely sticking to B&H in the future, this whole situation is a nightmare.
    Epic-W Helium turned Gemini #772
    bartcortright.com

Wow, that's shocking to find rental house labels!

I emailed customer service to ask about the hardware, and also asked that they confirm these units are not used or refurbished. I may also decide to return, if no satisfactory answer. I wonder if what we're really buying are units returned for battery replacement. While I usually have good experiences with Adorama, I've definitely had similar issues of incorrect descriptions in the past. They've always either supplied missing pieces or issued a refund-- but sometimes the hassle isn't worth it.

I received mine and they look like they're brand new. Hopefully you all can get yours swapped out.
    ------------
    DP/Colorist
    www.joelvoelker.com
    Seattle, WA

Adorama customer service confirmed to me that the tubes are supposed to be new, never used. However, the Astera charger finally arrived, and so I was able to confirm that the tubes each had 50+ "power on" hours, but only 2-3 charging cycles. So it seems pretty clear they are refurbished-- new batteries in lightly used tubes.

Mulling over keeping them, since the batteries are essentially new, but the incorrect information about their status and the missing accessories is a problem-- I don't want to reward dishonesty...

[Edit: I posted links to stills of the power on hours screens, but not showing up. So you'll just have to take my word for it!]

Showing unavailable. Know when this is coming up again?