Thread: AVCHD issues

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 AVCHD issues 
    I have a card form a camera that shoots to AVCHD, you end up with 1 AVCHD file on the card and then once you bring it into Resolve
    it will display the amount of files as 00000.MTS, 00001.MTS, and so forth.

When I open this particular card in Resolve I get 1 clip - 00000.MTS. The camera was allowed to run basically until the media was full to capture a time lapse.
    Therefore, about every 40 mins it should created a new .MTS file. However, in Resolve these other .MTS files aren't showing.
    When I scrub through 00000.MTS I get Media offline after about an hour of material or so.

When I open this in VLC player it show 12 .MTS clips and I can play through them.

Any idea what is going on in Resolve vs VLC?

Concatenated media can be a pain. Some times, the issue in premiere was how you imported it. If you drag and drop, then it only sees the first file. You may need to import differently in Resolve. Otherwise.....stitch away!

https://www.videoartifact.com/tips/j...-using-ffmpeg/

Joe,

I think resolve is just trying to import them all as one "Sequence" instead of multiple files. This is great for ARRI Raw and Cinema DNG with multiple files that make up one video image but bad when you want to import multiple Still images. I think Resolve sees multiple files with one .MTS extention and maybe trying to create a sequence out of them.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-24-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Example
    Arri Raw file

Try this and see if this helps.

Rand, thanks for the suggestion, tried it and no luck.
    I haven't had issues with Resolve and AVCHD before, typically it will break them up into multiple MTS clips no problem.

Someone suggested that it may have overheated, the camera was in the sun for a long time for the timelapse.

Trying different pieces of software to see if one might work.

In Edit Ready - it shows 1 clip - 00000, I get a thumbnail image but it won't play.

Info in Edit Ready shows - clip 00000, MTS (Spanned 12 files), Duration 0.

It is strange to me that VLC will actually break it into the correct # files and even play them.
    Is there a way for me to export the files from VLC?

Joe,

Sorry it didn't work. I think VLC player allows you to convert one file type to another file type, but I don't think it will let you export the same file type out as the original input file type.

Can you upload two of the .MTS files so that myself and others can try to see if we can help you better? I'm on a tablet now but I should be back at my Laptop in about an hour and 30 minutes.

Here's a tutorial on how to convert .MTS files to MP4 files in VLC player. I believe you can change the resolution of the default presets by clicking on the box right next to default preset with the screwdriver and flashlight icon.

https://www.easefab.com/instructable...-with-vlc.html
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-25-2020 at 07:14 AM.