Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo (Production) has finally landed.

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but for us Titanium Hydrogen owners who also received the aluminum Hydrogen for free, can we receive the discount on two Komodos, one for each Hydrogen?
    Jon Betz
    Brooklyn-based DP
    DP/Producer for National Geographic Pristine Seas
    Ocean Conservation Filmmaker
    RED DSMC2 Dragon-X 6K

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Betz View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but for us Titanium Hydrogen owners who also received the aluminum Hydrogen for free, can we receive the discount on two Komodos, one for each Hydrogen?
    That did not work for me. I had to dig up my (unopened) Titanium boxes to get codes that worked.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

I have successfully used the code of my free aluminum Hydrogen to redeem the discount. I put my unopened Titanium Hydrogen deep in the closet, it is possible we can receive discount on two Komodos if the codes are different?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwan Sheung Chi View Post
    I have successfully used the code of my free aluminum Hydrogen to redeem the discount. I put my unopened Titanium Hydrogen deep in the closet, it is possible we can receive discount on two Komodos if the codes are different?
    You can just try it. Obviously, no person reading this list can make a definitive statement about any one single IMEI number floating around in the universe. If the system accepts it, you are blessed. The end.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

A bit off topic but ... could any nice, knowledgable person out there in RedUser world be able to point me in the right direction to any solutions upon how to get my cracked Hydrogen screen repaired (it's so cracked you can't get passed the login screen!).

It would be great to use as a screen and contoller with the Komodo once the Android app is out.

Please Private Message me or reply to me here on this thread with any suggestions, many thanks in advance!

Craig Lees
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    You can just try it. Obviously, no person reading this list can make a definitive statement about any one single IMEI number floating around in the universe. If the system accepts it, you are blessed. The end.
    I tried it and it is possible to receive the discount on 2 Komodos using the 2 serial numbers from Titanium and the free Aluminum. I had placed an order in haste when I saw the cameras were available before I had read about putting the IMEI in the coupon box. So my early queue placement doesn't have the discount. I figured it would be easy enough to add that through customer support but as others have noted, this is not possible ("We cannot change the orders at all"). Given Covid and the herculean effort of launching a product in these times, I get it. Systems are in place and I can accept that. I placed a second order with my Titanium IMEI and was considering cancelling the first if a second discount was available. In the end I'm going to keep my original order though because I'm working on some accessory development for Komodo and want to get the camera quickly (and I'm excited to start shooting with it). Anyway, that's why I asked, and it turns out it is possible.

Congrats on the launch Jarred and team. So excited to get my 2 Komodos!
    Jon Betz
    Brooklyn-based DP
    DP/Producer for National Geographic Pristine Seas
    Ocean Conservation Filmmaker
    RED DSMC2 Dragon-X 6K

Quote Originally Posted by Andi Loor View Post
    I think what Christoffer meant by mentioning double sales tax is the 1000 dollar VAT that was added during the purchase of Komodo. Added to this the 6% import duty in to Sweden. On top of that the Swedish 25% VAT, calculated from the sum of the sales amount, the US VAT, the shipping cost and the 6% import duty.
    VAT is charged locally in the destination country and (in this case) shall not be charged in the US.
    I was also forced to place an order in USD and the $1,012.38 tax was added but is says "Estimated Tax" so I guess (and really hope) it's corrected before invoicing and actual charging? Right now there is only a reservation for the full amount.

Also I wonder what commodity code you assume the Komodo fall under to be charged 6% import duty? As I understand it the import duty from US is 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Åkerlind View Post
    I was also forced to place an order in USD and the $1,012.38 tax was added but is says "Estimated Tax" so I guess (and really hope) it's corrected before invoicing and actual charging? Right now there is only a reservation for the full amount.

Also I wonder what commodity code you assume the Komodo fall under to be charged 6% import duty? As I understand it the import duty from US is 0%.
    My order added tax although we do not pay tax for production equipment used in Texas and I am struggling to get it removed. I have never paid tax on a Red purchase until the Komodo. I was told I would have to cancel the order to get the tax removed but may lose the hydrogen credit and my place in line. I was referred to the Hydrogen team (who no longer answers the phone) to find out if I can use the credit on a different order. Not exactly thrilled with the support I'm getting with this purchase but I'm sure Covid has everyone short staffed. I'm trusting that it'll all work out in the end since Red has always taken care of me previously...
    www.pixelworkers.tv

Instagram: @pixelworker58

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jensen View Post
    I was told I would have to cancel the order to get the tax removed but may lose the hydrogen credit and my place in line.
    That sounds terrible. I take it for granted that RED are going to fix this before actual invoicing. No way I'm going to pay inaccurate tax and I don't understand how RED would justify that in any way, shape or form. Just wrong. And still no official answers here from RED on this matter.

Guys,
    Did any of you manage to order something through the website? I have the same error coming again and again at checkout.
    I put a couple tickets into support but never got a reply since last Tuesday.
    I tried to call them several times today but only had the option to let a message.
    I guess with the Covid situation and the release of the Komodo, the all support is more than busy but I'd like to figure out if I should give up on ordering through Red.com and go through a reseller.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo