Thread: Komodo shipping?

Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    I ordered the last day it was live on red.com on Nov 20th. Got my email with shipping info on Sunday Feb 28th. Arrives tomorrow March 2nd. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. Excited to test it out!!!
    Rob Sholty
    Director/DP
    Vessel 7 Films
    www.srvii.com
    www.vimeo.com/robsholty

Anyone ordered from local dealers getting theirs? i ordered from a local "standard" dealer on nov. 14th. Still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
    This is the basic issue, here. No one can, or should, fault RED for circumstances beyond their control. But, the lack of transparency, the changing story coming from RED, leaves me distrustful of their integrity and care for their customer. Given the cost of acquisition, RED should be much more careful with how they treat customers. If their honesty is questionable, I would run from purchasing a RED.
    I worked for a company much like RED a while back. Small manufacturer in a big space where our competition, though many times our size, were not turning out design nor product nearly as premium as ours. This company was not run very well from the top down (I'm not saying this about RED), but the product was so good that we experienced rapid growth anyway. There comes a point when in order to meet rising demand a manufacturer needs a bigger building, a dozen more CNC mills running at least 3 shifts, etc. We're talking many millions of dollars here, and it don't grow on trees. Especially during a pandemic, a company like RED could get quite stuck not being able to fulfill orders because their latest product took off. That's actually a good problem to have, but unless you can pull that capital out of your back pocket yesterday it's still very much a problem, especially if you start burning suppliers because you're so late paying invoices. Where WE went wrong (the leadership of my former employer that is) was promising ship dates that we knew we couldn't fulfill instead of just leveling with our customers that because our product kicked so much ass we were having trouble keeping up with demand, but we are addressing it.

IME you can even tell someone you're a recovering crackhead as soon as you meet them and they'll be cool with that because they knew up front...a lot more anyway than some much lesser offense they found out you're hiding from them later on.
    DSMC2 Dragon-X
    waiting on Komodo...

Ordered from a Local "Standard" RED dealer on Nov. 14th as well. Was told I was on a pre-order list. Still have yet to get the camera. I ordered just the body. The wait continues and the patience thins.
    Last edited by Alberto Triana; 03-02-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Triana View Post
    Ordered from a Local "Standard" RED dealer on Nov. 14th as well. Was told I was on a pre-order list. Still have yet to get the camera. I ordered just the body. The wait continues and the patience thins.
    You are lucky, didn't got any answer from the local dealer from last monthly info mail request. Thinking to give up soon and ask for a refund even if I've already bought many accessories...

We ordered on November 24th direct from red. Called today and got a March 10th ship date.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg Kutuzov View Post
    I ordered and paid the Komodo production pack in November 14. The delivery time was designated 8-10 weeks.
    No one has ever sent me a single letter. Eight weeks later, I wrote to Red on my own, when their move was over, I received an answer that the expected date of dispatch was 02.20.2021.
    Unfortunately, on 02.20.21 I did not receive the camera, and again contacted Red myself.
    This time I got the answer that my camera will be available by the end of March. it's awful that the company does not even inform about such huge delays and disruptions in delivery and the buyer has to write letters on his own.
    Its arrived yesterday! Im happy
    RED Scarlet-W #8959 - SOLD
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #18431

Talking to a sales rep today that is a RED premium/premier(whatever) dealer and they said RED has told them that lead time on a Komodo is 16 weeks(Four Months). So if you order one today(March), the earliest you could expect it would be July.

I'm in the middle of a situation where I have no idea what to do. has spent around 15k plus on equipment for the komodo. I used Sony, so I replaced all the equipment. bought the camera through a standard dealer and I hear absolutely nothing. I'm now in the 16th week people say it takes to get the camera. I fear it may take longer since the dealer I bought it from apparently does not get any cameras from RED. Very strange that there is no info from anyone about what is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Terje Toshill View Post
    I'm in the middle of a situation where I have no idea what to do. has spent around 15k plus on equipment for the komodo. I used Sony, so I replaced all the equipment. bought the camera through a standard dealer and I hear absolutely nothing. I'm now in the 16th week people say it takes to get the camera. I fear it may take longer since the dealer I bought it from apparently does not get any cameras from RED. Very strange that there is no info from anyone about what is really happening.
    Rent till it arrives? You can get a Komodo at Lensrentals for relatively cheap.
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen