Thread: Komodo shipping?

Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast
    Some news from RED about the supply chain situation. (excerpt from an E-Mail I received from Brady Stone)

"...I'm afraid on this side, things have not really improved in terms of Komodo numbers as there is currently a global shortage of semiconductor components that has had an impact on the Komodo production.
    It's not a "RED thing", but also affects many electronics manufacturers globally, including Canon, Sony, Fujinon etc.
    We are working hard to find alternative suppliers so we can keep building Komodo,
    but we are likely to see a fall in numbers for the next couple of months if we can't source the components we need.
    That's a worst case scenario, but it is a global issue, so we are doing what we can to get past it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Green View Post
    Did you order a kit or body only? You ordered 3 weeks before me at B&H and i just got mine. (Body only)
    I ordered the "Starter Kit".

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kisser View Post
    Just spoke with B&H about my order from 11/20 and they said they had received it into their warehouse and it should ship in about a week. Not sure why it takes a week to get through their warehouse but at least it looks like it will be delivered soon. Ill update again when I get an actual shipping confirmation.
    Because B&H is understaffed. Its SOP now for even in-stock items to sometimes take several days to a week just to leave their warehouse, whereas pre-covid, in-stock items (almost always)shipped same-day as long as they were ordered by the cut-off time. And its just as bad on the returns side. Thanks to tracking, I was able to see that a return of mine sat in their returns warehouse for a full week(maybe a day or two longer), before it was checked back into their system(severely delaying my exchange of a defective item).

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    Because B&H is understaffed. It’s SOP now for even in-stock items to sometimes take several days to a week just to leave their warehouse, whereas pre-covid, in-stock items (almost always)shipped same-day as long as they were ordered by the cut-off time. And it’s just as bad on the returns side. Thanks to tracking, I was able to see that a return of mine sat in their returns warehouse for a full week(maybe a day or two longer), before it was checked back into their system(severely delaying my exchange of a defective item).
    I figured it was something like that. I've had other orders with B&H over the last month or two that still shipped out same day and were delivered next day (I'm only 'down the road' in Maryland). Then others that didn't ship for a couple days after order. None took more than two days though. \_(ツ)_/

All-in-all I'm just happy that it's in their hands and I should be getting it soon.

I'm with you, Jason. I ordered a starter kit from B&H on 30 Nov 2020. I was told, two weeks ago, that stock for my order would arrive on 10 Apr 2021. As of today, I have heard nothing from B&H.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kisser View Post
    I figured it was something like that. I've had other orders with B&H over the last month or two that still shipped out same day and were delivered next day (I'm only 'down the road' in Maryland). Then others that didn't ship for a couple days after order. None took more than two days though. \_(ツ)_/

All-in-all I'm just happy that it's in their hands and I should be getting it soon.
    You’ve been pretty lucky. I used to get my shipments from them in two days(via free shipping option), but it seems like it takes at least that long before they even ship out, now(6 days to leave the warehouse for an item I ordered last week). All it takes is for one person to test positive and an entire department, that is possibly already running bare-bones, may have to shut down(not just talking about B&H). It’s going to still be a while before our world returns to “normal”(and some things may never be again).

Dear friends, I just received the notification from B&H after 4 months they will send me my KOMODO RED, on Monday, March 19, exactly 4 months after the purchase. I wish you good luck, I will tell you about the reception of this wonderful piece of technology, the most awaited in more than 30 years that I have been in the profession of Documentalist. I am very excited, now to do the procedures so that it arrives in my country because I bought it from Fort Lauderdale in Florida, I live in Ecuador, South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
    I'm with you, Jason. I ordered a starter kit from B&H on 30 Nov 2020. I was told, two weeks ago, that stock for my order would arrive on 10 Apr 2021. As of today, I have heard nothing from B&H.
    My order status on B&H’s website flipped from back-ordered to in-progress.

I don’t have a tracking number or an actual shipment notification, but it appears things are in motion. Hopefully yours will come in soon!

I just heard from B&H. They are saying, now, that my order delivery has slipped to the end of May. That would be 6 months from when I ordered. Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
    I just heard from B&H. They are saying, now, that my order delivery has slipped to the end of May. That would be 6 months from when I ordered. Not happy.
    I feel your pain. I'm sitting at 5 months right now so I get it.