Thread: November 9 for DaVinci Resolve 17 Event

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Anyway, this thread is about the Resolve 17, let's get back to that, unless we want to start talking politics here too
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    Anyway, this thread is about the Resolve 17, let's get back to that, unless we want to start talking politics here too
    HaHaHa,

Yeah can't wait to see what new features I didn't know I needed will be included this time around. Hopefully the ACES 1.2 update will have been added.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Can we hope to get detachable windows for better bin handling when editing and maybe make audio mixing true audio mixing capable instead of what we have now. I’m pretty happy with the color part of 16. Feels snappy and fast with Red now that it never did before. But editing, fusion and audio still lacks compared to Adobe (except in terms of speed). Would love to change from Adobe to Resolve, but they never really gets there in terms of editing.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Hopefully in a few hours we will see if they have made any significant improvements in the areas you mentioned above. I came to Davinci Resolve from Avid Media Composer. I initially only used Resolve for color correcting the AAF files from Media Composer. However, after each addition Resolve update, I realized that I could more or less do the same basic things I was doing in Media Composer in Resolve and never really looked back since then.

BTW,

here's the thread where the Blackmagic Design presentation of Resolve 17 will be going live in about 4 hours, I forgot about this thread when I made it.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...nci-Resolve-17
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-09-2020 at 05:33 AM.