Thread: Trying to add sensor calibration to preset

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Trying to add sensor calibration to preset 
    Hi guys, Ive setup different presets for different frame rates/resolutions and then created different soft keys for each.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...hutter-Presets

Id really like to add unique sensor calibrations to each one instead of needing to go into the menu>settings>maintenance>calibrate>sensor (though I do have a soft key that gets me there) each time I change frame rates.

Am I just missing the calibrate options somewhere in the preset options?

Thanks!!

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry for asking, but just to be clear, you only mention changing frame rates/resolution with your presets, so just checking to see if you actually need to change the calibrations with each preset too, as using a new calibration would only be required if the Preset includes an extreme change in exposure time.

From the manual -

"Calibration is required:
    After an extreme change in temperature (+/–30F or +/–15C) from the current calibration map.
    After an extreme change in exposure time (+/– 1/2sec) from the current calibration map.
    If either the T or E in the CAL:T/E indicator is not green.
    If the noise profile shows patterns or lines.
    After each firmware upgrade..."

As far as I can see (and assumed), the Sensor Calibrations aren't part of the Preset options and have to be changed separately, with all the Presets using whatever Sensor Calibration you have in place.

Someone else might want to confirm or correct that.

There's also the option to use Auto Calibration too though.

"...When you start an Auto Capture, the camera calibrates the sensor at 16 exposure settings, and uses that data to build a calibration curve. Afterward, the sensor is calibrated for each exposure along the calibration curve, so you do not need to re-calibrate every time you change the exposure...NOTE: When you change the exposure setting, the E indicator turns yellow and it may take up to 8 seconds for the calibration map to load..."

Edit - Looks like Auto Calibration was implemented with DSMC2, so probably doesn't apply if this question is on the DSMC1 Dragon section, sorry.
    Last edited by Les Hillis; 02-28-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks Les, yeah, I’m on the DSMC 1 and I shoot action sports and I’m constantly changing frame rates from real time to slow mo and therefore constantly needing to change my calibration settings. Yes, I’ve used the DSMC 2 and it becomes something you do don’t have to really worry about. If I’m not on top of the calibration settings with my Epic Dragon the footage is horribly noisy especially in 2K. I made presets just to change my resolution and frame rate to save time and having the calibration change with those would make it twice as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Wright View Post
    Thanks Les, yeah, I’m on the DSMC 1 and I shoot action sports and I’m constantly changing frame rates from real time to slow mo and therefore constantly needing to change my calibration settings. Yes, I’ve used the DSMC 2 and it becomes something you do don’t have to really worry about. If I’m not on top of the calibration settings with my Epic Dragon the footage is horribly noisy especially in 2K. I made presets just to change my resolution and frame rate to save time and having the calibration change with those would make it twice as fast.
    Try calibrating the camera to 1/100 or 1/150 instead of 1/48 (or 1/50, or 1/60), it'll give you more even space among the cal to change between slow-mo and real-time.