Thread: The most affordable 1.8X anamorphic lens set for Komodo

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1 The most affordable 1.8X anamorphic lens set for Komodo 
    Vazen has completed the full 28-40-65mm 3 lenses set and has started shipping.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,138
    Oh damn. That is pretty cool. Great price at $9K
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Nick Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,995
    This is very cool. Congrats.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Tom Gleeson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,373
    So all three lenses cover the Komodo's full sensor height at 14.25mm (3240 pixels) ? I ask as these lenses come in MFT mounts and MFT image area is only 13mm high?
    Tom Gleeson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gleeson View Post
    So all three lenses cover the Komodo's full sensor height at 14.25mm (3240 pixels) ? I ask as these lenses come in MFT mounts and MFT image area is only 13mm high?

    Yes. Vignetting free at Komodo 1.8X 4:3 anamorphic mode.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member AndreeMarkefors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    867
    Every now and then, I come across YouTube videos posted on forums that I can't switch to full screen.

    Is this a deliberate manipulation on the posters part? Is it the default from YouTube's snippet that needs to be changed by the poster (but they might not bother)?

    What's up?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    Every now and then, I come across YouTube videos posted on forums that I can't switch to full screen.

    Is this a deliberate manipulation on the posters part? Is it the default from YouTube's snippet that needs to be changed by the poster (but they might not bother)?

    What's up?
    I guess its YT limiting this function. You will need to click the Youtube button to the video page to watch in full screen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Jaime Vallés's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,793
    $9000 for a 3-lens set of 1.8x anamorphics is pretty fantastic.
    Jaime Vallés

    AJV Media
    Video, photography & graphic design
    www.ajvmedia.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Hey Kevin are there any plans for additional mounts for these lenses? Would these work on an E-mount in Super 35 mode? I'm also curious about if something like a MFT to E-mount adapter such as the one I linked below would work.

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ....html/overview
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Bastien Tribalat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cannes area, France
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuks Ude View Post
    Hey Kevin are there any plans for additional mounts for these lenses? Would these work on an E-mount in Super 35 mode? I'm also curious about if something like a MFT to E-mount adapter such as the one I linked below would work.

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ....html/overview
    Caution : it is NOT an adapter, it's a proper lense mount. (Sirui lenses have swappable lense mounts)
    That being said, I think E-mount has a shorter flange distance than RF and MFT (18mm VS 20mm for RF and MFT) so IF the Vazen lenses have a swappable lense mount design that could be a thing BUT if not, that means an E-Mount version of those lenses would need a little more redesign work I guess.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts