Thread: RED BOMB OLED EVF - RED is not servicing. WHERE TO SERVICE IN LA?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED BOMB OLED EVF - RED is not servicing. WHERE TO SERVICE IN LA? 
    Hello

We are a rental house & production company in Istanbul and we are using our BOMB OLED EVF (DSMC1) with our RED Gemini and RED Carbon Fiber Dragon (DSMC1)
    Our evf suddenly started showing color bars and RED logo and its not showing up the image.
    The issue happened to other customers and somehow they solved it via firmware upgrade etc but ours couldnt.
    Since there is no RED Service in Turkey, I have sent the evf via authorised RED Reseller of Turkey to RED.

Unfortunately they do no provide service to this EVF due to it is discontinued.
    Which I find this is crazy and I have only 10 days, do you recommend any service points in Los Angeles or in London
    Within this attitude, as a rental house I really want to sell all my RED stuff and switch to Arri.
    If I can not get serviced a 3k usd evf around the globe so that it shows RED is not a good investment at all.
    That drived me mad to be honest,
    I appreciate your help about that issue

Thank you so much
    Kind Regards
    Best
    Serhan

Have you tried contacting Red in Beijing?

Quote Originally Posted by serhan nasirli View Post
    Hello

We are a rental house & production company in Istanbul and we are using our BOMB OLED EVF (DSMC1) with our RED Gemini and RED Carbon Fiber Dragon (DSMC1)
    Our evf suddenly started showing color bars and RED logo and its not showing up the image.
    The issue happened to other customers and somehow they solved it via firmware upgrade etc but ours couldnt.
    Since there is no RED Service in Turkey, I have sent the evf via authorised RED Reseller of Turkey to RED.

Unfortunately they do no provide service to this EVF due to it is discontinued.
    Which I find this is crazy and I have only 10 days, do you recommend any service points in Los Angeles or in London
    Within this attitude, as a rental house I really want to sell all my RED stuff and switch to Arri.
    If I can not get serviced a 3k usd evf around the globe so that it shows RED is not a good investment at all.
    That drived me mad to be honest,
    I appreciate your help about that issue

Thank you so much
    Kind Regards
    Best
    Serhan
    My EVF Bomb did the same thing, changed out the LEMO cable and that issue when away. Have you tried that?
    RED MONSTRO® VV "Little Ben MK II"
    EPIC-M DRAGON
    #1058 "Little Ben" RETIRED
    http://www.eleventhhourmotionpictures.com/

Yup, the well-known "Red support". Try contacting the Pro Service in Kyiv, Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by James Sielaff View Post
    Have you tried contacting Red in Beijing?

Hell not, I hope I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    My EVF Bomb did the same thing, changed out the LEMO cable and that issue when away. Have you tried that?
    Well we have tried with multiple cables, but it didnt worked out. We have tried with another viewfinder(not oled bomb) with the same cables and lemo connector. It worked so we there is a problem with the viewfinder but since there is no service facility we couldnt check properly

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lubensky View Post
    Yup, the well-known "Red support". Try contacting the Pro Service in Kyiv, Ukraine.
    Thank you so much. I hope to solve it in LA since the evf is in Los Angeles right now...

Any suggestions in LA?

Thats a shame.. :(