Thread: Weird Premiere issue w/Komodo

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Weird Premiere issue w/Komodo 
    Hi all,

Working on a project w/ two Komodos, one mine, the other my B operator's. Anyone familiar with this new bug with Premiere when it comes to Red footage? The duplicates in a bin I am used to, but the new issue is an almost monochromatic color on many clips. See below. You cannot manipulate white balance in raw either.

Its doing this with both Komodos.

I have to literally click through 30 duplicates in a bin before landing on the clip w/proper color. One bin doesn't have a proper WB clip. Footage opens up in RCX w/o issue.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
    Attached Images

How are you bring in your footage in to Premiere?

Direct import. No first color pass in RCX or anything.

You're probably getting duplicated files because you're not using the media browser to import your footage.

Are you using an M1 Mac? There is a bug with the 2021 (V.15) update that causes this. I switched back to 14.9 and it resolved the issue.

Yes! I get this color issue all the time and it's definitely Premiere, not Red. At the bottom of the clip's source settings menu, it pretty much always overrides the Gamma to Log3G10 and Colorspace to RedWideGamutRGB. This happens regardless of what the camera was set to, or what RCX settings have been changed or updated. It did it in Premiere 2020 and still in Premiere 2021.

My fast fix is lame but... I update one clip's source settings to my preferred colorspace and gamma, and then copy that 'Red Source Settings effect' and paste it on all my footage items in my bin that I wanted to be updated with those settings. Hey it's faster than manually changing those parameters for each clips individually!
    -Eric

I've had this issue since updating to premiere 2021 - I'm on an intel mac. I fixed it by exporting the XML into DaVinci so I could send offlines with the right colour, but it's a bit of a messy way to work.