Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 478 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4776
    Quote Originally Posted by soren k jensen View Post
    Dear Adam,

Thanks for the images and inspiration!

Could you please describe how you combine the anamorphic element with the Contaxes? Also, are there limitations as to which focal lengths work etc.?
    I use my set of Contaxes on Red Canon mounts and Sony A7s canon mounts via Leitax adapters, Contax to Canon, btw.
    The anamorphic projector lens used here was the Schneider ES Cinelux. I placed this in front of the taking lens and clamped it to rails with a tripod lens collar. In front of that is the Rectilux CoreDNA, which is essential for pulling focus and hands down better than the FM or SLRmagic solutions.

I was able to use lenses as wide as 50mm and still stop down without any vignetting.
    Last edited by Adam E; 10-29-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
    The anamorphic projector lens used here was the Schneider ES Cinelux. I placed this in front of the taking lens and clamped it to rails with a tripod lens color. In front of that is the Rectilux CoreDNA, which is essential for pulling focus and hands down better than the FM or SLRmagic solutions.

I was able to use lenses as wide as 50mm and still stop down without any vignetting.
    Thanks!!!
    Director,
    The Inclusion Center,
    Center for Rummelighed
    www.rummelighed.org
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Hey peoples!

I have been so impressed by my 50 & 135 AEJ's and to celebrate my 30th b-day, I just bought the 60 Macro AEJ & the 21 MMJ.

EEEPPP they cost a pretty penny, but will be so worth it! Amazing image quality and fantastic rugged build quality. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_G View Post
    Hey peoples!

I have been so impressed by my 50 & 135 AEJ's and to celebrate my 30th b-day, I just bought the 60 Macro AEJ & the 21 MMJ.

EEEPPP they cost a pretty penny, but will be so worth it! Amazing image quality and fantastic rugged build quality. =)
    Congrats!!
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

KEH just posted a 21mm MMJ. It's rare to see one up there these days. It's EX+ which means it's pretty much mint. And cost reflects it. $1953. Just got one in similar condition completely modded with Leitax, cine mod, etc for that price. But if someone needs one, it's there.
    https://www.keh.com/shop/contax-21mm...82-701759.html
    Steve Sherrick

I have for sale a Zeiss Standard MKI 16mm lens (regular 35mm Academy format) that would match nicely with any Contax set as the wide-angle lens, since it shares the same T* coatings.
    It's the latter T2.2 version, not the T2.4 lens. So it's about one stop faster than the 16mm Contax, which is great for Super 35 sized sensors.
    The lens is in great condition for a rehousing, Les Bosher in the UK does this set and can also provide Arri STD to PL mount adapters and make the lens ready to work as is.
    The link is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152317588110...84.m1555.l2649
    Director of Photography
    www.harmonicarental.com

hi all,

random question, I was doing a shoot today and I was having a hard time getting objects in focus from say 100' away with my entire set of duclos moded contax zeiss on an Epic-W Any ideas why that would happen? I assume it doesn't have to do with back focus? I checked infinite focus on a Canon 5d and my Black Magic and it could hit objects 100' away. I also tried a canon lens on my epic-w and I could hit infinite. Any idea why Contax Zeiss + Epic-W wouldnt? Has anyone else experienced this? thanks!
    Epic-W Helium turned Gemini #772
    bartcortright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ignacio Aguilar View Post
    I have for sale a Zeiss Standard MKI 16mm lens (regular 35mm Academy format) that would match nicely with any Contax set as the wide-angle lens, since it shares the same T* coatings.
    It's the latter T2.2 version, not the T2.4 lens. So it's about one stop faster than the 16mm Contax, which is great for Super 35 sized sensors.
    The lens is in great condition for a rehousing, Les Bosher in the UK does this set and can also provide Arri STD to PL mount adapters and make the lens ready to work as is.
    The link is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152317588110...84.m1555.l2649
    We have an EOS modded and serviced version of this lens that we use all the time. It's a GREAT lens. Very little distortion. Coatings have similar flare/contrast to Contax, except the Arri goes more blue (easy to grade out though).

Only covers 4K on Dragon (4.5K with a bit of vignetting).

Quote Originally Posted by bart cortright View Post
    hi all,

random question, I was doing a shoot today and I was having a hard time getting objects in focus from say 100' away with my entire set of duclos moded contax zeiss on an Epic-W Any ideas why that would happen? I assume it doesn't have to do with back focus? I checked infinite focus on a Canon 5d and my Black Magic and it could hit objects 100' away. I also tried a canon lens on my epic-w and I could hit infinite. Any idea why Contax Zeiss + Epic-W wouldnt? Has anyone else experienced this? thanks!
    Hmmm...this is a mystery.

Contax primes are very sharp, especially stopped down. Not sure why they won't hit infinity on Helium.

We tested Contax primes on Helium last month and they looked GREAT, but we didn't test for infinity...so this would need more testing from folks with Helium cams.

Let us know if you find more answers!
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Senior Member Satsuki Murashige's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bart cortright View Post
    hi all,

Definitely sounds like a back focus issue. Since your lenses focus properly on other cameras, it seems likely that the Epic-W is out of calibration.

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #3840  
    Sounds like your camera back focus.. you can adjust that yourself. Check the manual.