Thread: Building a mobile DIT station

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 81 to 85 of 85
  1. #81  
    Senior Member Eric Santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,231
    Im digging the DigiCase Pro

    Might have to cut a hole for REDMAG though some place.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #82  
    Junior Member Richard Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santiago View Post
    Im digging the DigiCase Pro

    Might have to cut a hole for REDMAG though some place.
    I also have plans to modify the case when i buy it in the next month or two. The downside to doing that is that the whole waterproof side of things gets lost, but then again I don't really plan to throw it into a river anytime soon.

    I'm also wondering how to go about securing contents inside of the case. I've looked at anti-static padding, dividers, etc. But I'll end up with something that I'll have to remove before I switch on the equipment (to ensure proper airflow). Ideally I'd like something that I can quickly pack up at a moment's notice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #83  
    Senior Member Eric Santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Strong View Post
    I also have plans to modify the case when i buy it in the next month or two. The downside to doing that is that the whole waterproof side of things gets lost, but then again I don't really plan to throw it into a river anytime soon.

    I'm also wondering how to go about securing contents inside of the case. I've looked at anti-static padding, dividers, etc. But I'll end up with something that I'll have to remove before I switch on the equipment (to ensure proper airflow). Ideally I'd like something that I can quickly pack up at a moment's notice.

    I emailed Inovativ about the hole idea.

    They are aware but no such plans yet.

    I do need a hole for media and power.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #84  
    Junior Member Richard Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santiago View Post
    I emailed Inovativ about the hole idea.

    They are aware but no such plans yet.

    I do need a hole for media and power.
    Depending on how much space is between the digiplate and the case then the readers could be held vertically on the sides so media could be inserted downwards. But that is dependent on a number of factors that include: the dimensions of the reader, and the mechanics of how the media is inserted.

    As for the power: I could drill a hole in the back, screw in a power inlet port and connect it whatever setup I've got inside.

    But I'm wary about cutting too much into it because I don't want to impact the structural integrity of the case. However, I'll figure that stuff out when it arrives.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #85  
    Senior Member Eric Santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Strong View Post
    Depending on how much space is between the digiplate and the case then the readers could be held vertically on the sides so media could be inserted downwards. But that is dependent on a number of factors that include: the dimensions of the reader, and the mechanics of how the media is inserted.

    As for the power: I could drill a hole in the back, screw in a power inlet port and connect it whatever setup I've got inside.

    But I'm wary about cutting too much into it because I don't want to impact the structural integrity of the case. However, I'll figure that stuff out when it arrives.

    Good idea about vertical.

    Only fear is no more eating around that unit :)

    Them Pelicans can take a beating and Ive cut a few in my day.

    To be honest, a 1600 would have been better thus allowing counter space.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #86  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    238
    What are some ways to mount card readers in a 1U rack?

    I've seen stuff which looks custom, like they cut out sections specific for each reader.
    It is very clean but would require some metal cutting experience, is this easy or hard to do?
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w

    Then I've seen stuff in a vented shelf and I guess they are mounted or tied down somehow.
    How does one secure readers that don't have mounting points?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrqOWVE0iMs


    There's this but it is a bit limited for my liking, I would want at least dual readers for each card type
    and the ability to change the readers as needed for each new job.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEN7RPXvxK0
    Last edited by Joe Riggs; 12-29-2020 at 03:42 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #87  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6
    "Two words...:

    Thunderbolt

    SSD"
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts